Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know street racing is stupid and dangerous...

But I as I was driving down my street, I saw this camaro with one headlight working smashing down behind me. We came to a stop, and he looked and jeered at me...

I just smirked, and laughed and shook my head. Traffiv light says go, we floored it!!! Adrenaline raced through my veins, it was immense I tell you!!! IMMENSE!!!

He had the lead on the first three seconds, but as I reached power from the WhitePony, I swam across him so fast. I twas unbelieveable! A Z28?!?!?!?! He must've been a really crappy driver, becaus obviously he did not know how to handle such machinary.

The race took on forever, and all he could do was see the back of my taillights!!!

We reached what was our last street, and he parted ways. I grabbed the steering wheel and said, "F*** YEAH PONY! F*** YEAH!"

The End.:gringreen

·
Super Moderator
40,073 Posts
good kill,sounds like you really enjoyed it!!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Musta been a bad driver.. a Z28? no way

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Musta been a bad driver.. a Z28? no way
Don't matter. He got by him. That is all that mattered. Good kill.:gringreen

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Good kill. Ya should be proud of that one.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Way to whoop some a$$ !

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you thank you.

It was the most adrenaline I've ever encountered. All through my head I was thinking about the Z28...a Z28?!!?! Crazy.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Nice kill on the black-eyed Z28 lol.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a taste for Z28 blood myself, snacked on one tonight!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Try a SS and see what happens:yakyak:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Try an "SS"? That isn't the point of the story, the story is about him outrunning an Early 90s z28. Not to mention he just has a v6. Hell try an ss? Ok, try an 04 Cobra. ****, try a Bugatti Veyron.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Try an "SS"? That isn't the point of the story, the story is about him outrunning an Early 90s z28. Not to mention he just has a v6. Hell try an ss? Ok, try an 04 Cobra. ****, try a Bugatti Veyron.
Better yet try a jet lol. Did you see Top Gear last week? When they raced the Veyron against the jet. Man that car is sick.

·
Registered
248 Posts
yeh, I "Tivo" that show every week, best show on tv.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I love the late 80's early 90's z's Owned a few of them over the years myself. Plus I can usually beat them with my 97 slobra:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
20 Posts
That would be bada$$:happydance:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Better yet try a jet lol. Did you see Top Gear last week? When they raced the Veyron against the jet. Man that car is sick.
Have you seen the shelby ssc yet? If not check it out on youtube that car is F'in crazy. After a little more tuning I should be making close to that much power.:happydance:

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
The SS's are no faster than the Z28's and I have seen some of the SS's that are slower than the Z28's due to the Z28's not having as many options.

The LS1's all have the same power it is just the weight of the car that determines the speed. The LT1's all made roughly the same power output too. I have driven two of the LT1 SS's that were slower than the same year Z28's and one of the LS1 Z28's that was half a car slower than an LS1 SS.

The race would likely have been the same if the SS had the same driver. I am not quite sure how the Z28 lost unless it was a V6 badged Z28. All he should have had to do was floor it and he would have flew by you. Those LT1's and LS1's pull up top like no one's business.

Never-the-less Good Kill. I love hearing stories about people that instigate a race and can not drive their own car. I have a similar story against an 01 SS against my single-port V6. lmao The guy wanted to race me and when he tried to take off at the stop light he ended up stalling his car out. lol

·
Registered
2,077 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
The SS's are no faster than the Z28's and I have seen some of the SS's that are slower than the Z28's due to the Z28's not having as many options.
The LS1's all have the same power it is just the weight of the car that determines the speed. The LT1's all made roughly the same power output too. I am not quite sure how the Z28 lost unless it was a V6 badged Z28. All he should have had to do was floor it and he would have flew by you.
VERY untrue. First he said early 90's z28 which doesn't necessarly make it an lt1 and sure as hell doesn't make it an ls1 since they weren't out yet. So more than likely it was the tpi z28's either the 350 or the 305. As for the ls1's starting with the same hp, not true, there are some differences. The ss's of course had the ram air which by itself doesnt do much but at higher speeds it helps, they had the catback and some could be ordered with the loudmouth catback, and starting in 00 or 01 (don't remember) the ss/ram air cars were equipped with the ls6 intakes from the z06's. If you see the dyno tests the ss/ram air cars consistently belt out around 305-330 to the wheels while most Z's are around 290.The lt1's highest rating in a camaro came in at 310 in the ss but in the z it's highest was 285 and I watched one put down 250 to the wheels which is about right at 285 maybe a smidge more. The lt1's are definetly weaker than the ls1's as a matter of fact I'll go as far as saying an ls1 camaro will walk all over an lt1. So once again good kill :bigthumbsup and keep bustin those early z's a$$es bro.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.