Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am going to be installing new heads and headers, i was wondering if bolting the headers to the heads before installing them will make it any easier. they are TFS heads and flowtech longtubes. i figured it would be easier with the headers already installed cuz there would be more room between the block and fender. but please give me some opinions

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just got done installing a new set of headers....If I had the choice you do...I would bolt them to the heads first....I think i would rather change a heater core than install headers again....:sterb:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha, thats what i was thinking. cuz there would be more room and the heads are installed slightly above the headers so i figured it would be possible to install it as one so this way the header goes through the gap and the head is not there to be in the way. thanx for your opinion

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
No debate, install those before you drop them on. You will be so #$#$#$ happy that you did.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool thats what i thought. ill let you guys know how much of an improvement all my mods make. right now my best time has been a 14.6. my car is all stock except for and exhaust and gears.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm glad I read this post.I'm getting ready to install GT40 cast iron heads on my '88 T-Bird (5.0 H.O.) and actually never thought of that idea.Anything to make the job quicker and easier,I'm all for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.