Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! the title pretty much says it all, ive looked around and saw a couple people saying where to do it and such but no posts had good pictures or anything so i figured while im running my wires through i might as well take a couple pictures! REQUIRES NO DRILLING :smilie

The spot i ran my 6guage power wire through is actually pretty neat, its right next to the battery on the side facing away from the engine, there is a perfect hole where the wire dropped right through and ends up right next to the rubber nipple.

Here is where the wire runs next to the battery,

Here is where the wire drops into the hole next to the battery tray

The next step is to unscrew the 4 little popout plastic pieces form the wheel well, after you do that take them out, you dont have to remove the tire or the wheel well because you just bend it towards the tire and it gives you enough room to reach in there, once looking behind it you should be able to see the rubber nipple sticking out next to where there are already wires going in like this

(the red wire is the wire that i was runnign i had already cut a slit in the nipple with wire cutters and pushed the wire through

Here is a closer look

Now all you do is look on the passenger side and the wire should be poking through like this

:) now your done the wire is succesfully in your car and right next to the battery! hope this helped some people out! This is my first guide on anything also so i dont know if the pictures will work, if they dont then someone inform me on how i cant get them to work :heha:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
One thing to be wary of running that wire through the grommet in the wheel well on the passenger side is any moisture that makes it in will go straight for the Smart Junction Box. Might be a good idea to seal the wire and grommet on the outside with some silicone caulk to minimize the chance of moisture incursion.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One thing to be wary of running that wire through the grommet in the wheel well on the passenger side is any moisture that makes it in will go straight for the Smart Junction Box. Might be a good idea to seal the wire and grommet on the outside with some silicone caulk to minimize the chance of moisture incursion.
Thanks for the advice i got some caulking in the garage, will do right now :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
theres a really easy place i know about oo. behind the master cylinder theres some foil like stuff. it goes right under the dash. no smart junction box or anything to get wet.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
yup, you just slice a little hole in that silver foil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.