Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Pretty sure that only fits NPI heads, and to further back that up there's mention of a 1996 pcm under the item description. Those have been out of production for a long time and are super rare. No idea how good of a blower it is or isn't. Cool find though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i though the PI parts where to different from the originals for this to work. for curiosity's sake i wish i could afford this right now

·
Registered
942 Posts
I wonder where this came from like what car originally or could you buy them back in the day. That is an interesting unit don't see that everyday.

One bad thing about it though is the fact that it is used and does look fairly old and doesn't come with all of the other things your going to need like a dyno tune (I wouldnt trust the superchip) injectors, fuel pump, and everything else that is needed for supercharging your car. By the time you buy all that you might as well go buy a new one.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Lackey - They were available through the FRPP catalog or whatever they had back then. These were one of the first of very few blowers from back in the day when nobody made anything for these engines yet.

·
Banned
12,274 Posts
yeah SVO used to have some really cool dealer available stuff back in the 80s..I recall a 500hp 4 cylinder racing motor they sold..it was $5000 back in 1984...too bad they don't do that again
I took a day to drive a 1984 SVO in 1985, man I thought I would be the king of world if I could have bought it...what killed the deal? The payment? nope the $150/mos was fine..it was the call to the insurance company...another $150/mos! Dreams shattered...back to driving my old 66

·
Registered
942 Posts
Lackey - They were available through the FRPP catalog or whatever they had back then. These were one of the first of very few blowers from back in the day when nobody made anything for these engines yet.
Wow that is pretty cool, top mount superchargers aren't that common on our cars minus the kb or cobra conversion kit for there superchargers.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dang, that svo supercharger would have went well with the matching svo heads and intake manifold I have for it. Too bad I was on the operation table during the time thisc was on ebay. The entire combination is hard to come buy, and rare. I found my heads and intake manifold off craigslist in tulsa oklahoma. He was going to put it on his 03 gt, but ended up selling the 4.6 an bought a 13 5.Oh. this was 2012. If I recall, the supercharger by itself got u 50hp at low boost no intercooler. The svo heads plus intake manifold (Zeus) together got u a guaranteed 75hp on the wedsite thn. I think the guy name is chris at ModularHeadShop. He said with the port job and cams im being fitted with, im going to see at least 80rwhp if my car is stock with stock manifold. So with the other bolt-ons and the zeus plus tune im hoping to see 110~120ishrwhp gains. Well time will tell, I should have thm back from the shop in a week or 2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.