Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Your AFM Administrator Excellency, LOL

I wish to offer my opinion in your loyal & faithful service.
- - - - - - -
You cannot go wrong with EBC rotors. They are a global powerhouse of brake parts based in the United Kingdom. They have a huge market for European cars (VW, Audi, BMW, Porsche, MB, Peugeot, Mini and more) and are also cranked up for the entire USA market. They're ISO certified and their two plants are in the UK and USA. You would almost certainly get a set made in the USA. They would not dominate the European market if they weren't great. That's a good price too.
- - - - -
The one other recommendation I would make is StopTech (Centric). They are a US company based in California and all their parts are made in California. To me, they tend to be more of a slotted, cross-drilled racing / performance / boutique brand. In other words, overkill for ordinary driving. I've got slotted & cross-drilled StopTech biggies on all 4 corners and love them. They are more expensive. They are cheese grater chewing through my pads with zero grooving.

HTH!!!!!
Andy

·
Registered
402 Posts
^^ this above is flat out WRONG ^^

I'm a mechanical and petroleum engineer from the University of California @ Berkeley and spent 30 yrs in industry where we were dealing with operating temps >2000F, operating pressures >20,000 psi, and flow rates > 2000 gallons per minute.

Achieving ISO standard verification is absolutely NOT simply a matter of having crappy paperwork.

Engineering design(s) have to be reviewed by accredited engineering experts - this is a prestigious responsibility by the way as an engineer.

Then, your written procedure(s) for supply chain control, mill specs, random sample measurement and more, have to be accredited by an expert auditor and numerous technical writers.

But, in reality, nobody cares about the written stuff.

THEN and ONLY THEN to do ISO certified agents proceed to audit, witness, and critique the actual manufacturing process and destructive laboratory testing of produced parts to ensure they meet design criteria.

If you receive an ISO authentic part and it fails, you are the problem. Not the part.

Reactions: crjackson

·
Registered
402 Posts
"Yet as you say, the much of the oil/gas industry is/has/operates ISO certified facilities."

NOPE, never said that. Some of our C1 equipment (C1equipment = we had to have a preserved spare enclosed in a nitrogen blanket within 24 hrs of the facility) was ISO certified, but our floating production installations offshore and refineries were not.

Agree with you on this : RISK = FREQUENCY x CONSEQUENCE

Won't say who I worked for, but we abhorred the thought of the incident that happened once every 10 years or so but killed 10 people.

Without being insensitive, this is like the airline industry. If the baggage handler cuts his thumb, or puts a conveyor belt in a 9 line bind and causes a 20 min flight delay, that "consequence" is zero in terms of life.

If the plane crashes because of a latent conditions with 'angle of attack' sensors (hello Boeing 737-8Max) , that is different. (Yeah, I'm a licensed pilot)

CHEERS!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts