Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I stored my cra this winter and somehow the Ebrake got left on So when I took it out and drove it It felt extremely sluggish and wants to go to one side, there is the smoke and smell of burning rubber aswell. At first I thought I had a flat tire but when I touched my rim it felt hot! I believe one of my calipers is stuck on. also when I pull up my ebrake handle there is no resistance (as if there is no ebrake at all) I need to drive my car into ford tomorrow for body work but before it can move I need this caliper to let go.

Any clue as to how I could get it free? pretty sure my ebrake is shot aswell any clue asto how much that'll cost?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Might the the cable is stuck inside the sheath.

Maybe jack up the car, take the wheel off, unhook the cable from the caliper and see if the mechanism releases.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I had to take the wheel off and release the ebrake, the cable is shot =( I'll have to throw that on the to-do list lol

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Ya I had to take the wheel off and release the ebrake, the cable is shot =( I'll have to throw that on the to-do list lol
you can spray grease into the cables, through the cracks in the rubber boots at the rear calipers. it got me through another winter after i had problems last year, but i need to replace mine too this year for sure. :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
:winks Useing the e-brake on a regular basis will help keep the cable from sticking.
:racer:Drive it like you stole it :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya the bad idea was leaving it on for the 4 winter months =/ on the bright side I got it released and made in in town for my appointment and got my new California special front and rear bumpers installed along with my new grille!! now to get them stripped like the rest of the car and Ill post some new pics!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
GT/CS bumpers are my favorite. Got those for my car last year.

Congrats :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.