Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so 1990 5.0l LX. KOEO I get a continuous memory code of 19, I replaced the ecc with a reman unit, cardone 78-5611 (A9P), and took her for a drive. Ran great definitely had more power. 10 - 15 minutes in the MIL came on again, got home pulled codes and low and behold KOEO 19 again. I know it take about that long for it to go into open loop mode.

Anyway relay tested fine along with the pins at the ECC.

What do these things do when they "dont" have power at the ecc, can this go out sporadically, so small I dont even notice when driving?

Could the relay randomly be kicking off?

Like I said it runs great, what are the symptoms of the ECC being bad other than a code 19?

Also what colors are the wires that give the ECC power, I'm having a brain fart now, i think one is Red, one is Orange black.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Check PIN 1 at the ECM. It will be a Orange wire with a black stripe. Matter of fact, it should be the only wire at the ECM that has power with the key off.

You are correct. Orange/Black and Red Wires are power to the ECM.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what am I checking for? I assume that it should have 12v? Thats the same wire that powers the maf, ias, and something else right so should those have 12v also?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts