Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would share some pics of my new Eclipse AVN5435. I absolutely LOVE this unit. It is a stereo, DVD, Sirius, iPod, Navigation, rear view camera, etc. unit. I only have the stereo, DVD & Nav functions at this time, but more fun to come :hihi:

Notice what's playing in the DVD !! :worship

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's totally amazing! I'd love to do this mod to mine. Could you give us a hint of how much this system ran money wise? Also how tough was the install?

Thanks for the pix!

·
Registered
708 Posts
The eclipse AVX DVD/20GB Digital juke boxes are around 900-1000 the AVN is more.

Personally went with an AVX2494 didn't care about nav or backup camera.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ditto on the clean install. It looks like it belongs there... :thumbup

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Nice movie for the picture too...I love Bullit!

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Nice setup

Very nice setup. In fact, I was just telling brother (who wants a Charger) that Ford really should put something like this system in as an option (instead of just the Shaker 500 or 1000). Question: Were there any kind of modifications requried in order to install this or does it slip right into the stock stereo openning. I have the Shaker 1000, but I like this system more. Where do I get one of these?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I paid $1699 for this unit plus $100 to have it installed. I considered other units, such as the Pioneer ($1299+), but I opted for this because of the ability to expand. So far, I give it :thumbsup :thumbsup

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very cool! I'd give it about 5 :worship
It's actually one of the coolest mods I've seen overall.

Thanks again for the info. :thumbsup

·
Registered
394 Posts
Where did you get that eject button for the outlet in the dash? That is great! I just stuck an old chrome retro lighter in mine. Nobody smokes..but it matched the vents nicely. I'd love to get one of those eject thingies.

·
Registered
559 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
Where did you get that eject button for the outlet in the dash? That is great! I just stuck an old chrome retro lighter in mine. Nobody smokes..but it matched the vents nicely. I'd love to get one of those eject thingies.
Dear Killer Wombat:

Go to: http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang2005_power_outlet_plug.html

Everyone has one already...

Your friend, Dave :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

·
Registered
100 Posts
OUPony said:
I thought I would share some pics of my new Eclipse AVN5435. I absolutely LOVE this unit. It is a stereo, DVD, Sirius, iPod, Navigation, rear view camera, etc. unit. I only have the stereo, DVD & Nav functions at this time, but more fun to come :hihi:

Notice what's playing in the DVD !! :worship
Where/How did you mount the GPS antenna?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts