Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Today I installed a Performer RPM and a Edelbrock 600cfm electric choke carb on a 351w. I got the distributor dialed in and adjust the carb well and the engine was running great. I took the car out and the car felt strong and then all of a sudden the engine quits. I pulled over and couldn't manage to get the car started again. The carb is getting good fuel pressure and its making it down into the carb itself it just wont light the engine off...almost like its out of gas. Any word on a problem like this and maybe a solution before I take it apart and send it back to where I bought it from?

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
246 Posts
If your getting fuel, it shouldn't be a problem with the carb unless the floats are set too high which will cause flooding. It sounds more like an ignition problem. Did you check to see if your getting spark to the distributor or spark plugs? You may have blown out a coil or a wire may have come loose somewhere.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the ignition, its all good, initially I was having an issue with the spark plug wires but that was sorted out prior to the carb going out. I didn't check the floats although I suspected something in that regard. The car was running perfectly and then just quit, do you think floats could be responsible for this?

·
0 Posts
send it back and get a summit, holley or quick fuel annular booster carb. put a clear fuel filter just befire the fuel pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts