Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After over a year of waiting... contemplating :headscratch:... watching my 401k drop thousands :weeps (like over 6 figs...) I finally was able to replace the 450ish rwhp from my Terminator that I sold last May of 2008. :bigthumbsup I did it with the #004 Edelbrock E-force on my 2007 Mustang GT....Which blew me away in every aspect after it was installed/tuned by Tillman.

Incredible looks, whisper quiet operation (even at idle, unlike other blowers out there...) and with BIG numbers at 3.50 and 3.25 pulley sizes. All I know was the comments on the power was... "That can't be an automatic under there..." :happyhapp

It all started with a Saturday morning drive to Tillman Speed in PA about 6 weeks ago to look at the infamous #004 unit. When I got to the shop, I was warmly greeted by Harry Tillman, the owner. What a nice guy :shiny:... I told him I wanted to look the #004 E-force supercharger that had been sitting on his shelf for a few months. It was in perfect condition. When I casually mentioned all the hype with this blower, Harry made no bones about... they were stumped...no excuses or finger pointing, no b.s., just a simple acknowledgment that Sh_T happens :nono: (two sets of cracked plugs) and we move on.

Tillman made me deal that was very tempting... and I took it. Nothing crazy, stupid, just an honest good deal that was hard to walk away from.:happydance:

Every aspect of the install & tune went well. The installation tech (Mike) was very methodical and particular... just the way I like them. He took his time and did not leave a scratch...everything was covered and protected. Chris Tillman was very helpful too. He gave me a ride home (65 miles) when I dropped the car off.

I not only had the blower installed/tuned, but a host of gauges installed and wire together. I had an Aeroforce Interceptor gauge wired to the Edelbrock provided Map sensor as well as an Autometer Cobalt output wired to the Aeroforce so I can datalog both Map and A/F ratio... (if you recall, S197's do not come with map sensors like the 03/04 cobras)

Chris Rose methodically went through the new tune that I was going to get. He took to the time to personally show me every aspect of how he sets up his custom tunes. I was very impressed with his ability for such a young guy... and when I first met the him... I thought he was the shop boy or something :laugh:... (Ha Ha). Needless to say, the guy knows what he is doing and has alot of experience. There was a host of SCT training certificates on the wall with his name on them... (graduated #1 in the class). Note: before you get a tune from anyone, ask the simple question "Has the tuner be officially trained by SCT?"

Anyway... the next time you walk into a speed shop take notice who you have to deal with...at Tillman, you deal with the owner on day one...Most shops have some young "know it all" $8/hour rep they make you talk to... who most of the time could care less how your are treated...

Secondly,being able to discuss the in's and out's of my tune with Chris (CR) really made the experience fun and interesting... these cars are simply cool and every aspect from the kick-*** stereos... to the heated seats to the 500+hp... I can't wait until I get this thing to the track...11's for sure...

Check out the results:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...ce-supercharger-results-big-auto-numbers.html

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
That is a nice supercharger you got there congratulations on the new power. Now take it to the track and see what it can do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.