Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the new Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger kit for the 5.0L motor yet? If so, please comment, I'm planning on buying one. Thanks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I asked that question a while ago. still no answer.

·
Registered
297 Posts
i follow about 7 mustang forums. have not seen one yet.

lots of adds for them, but no install.

beers

·
Registered
270 Posts
ive been following this too, I even tried calling edelbrock and just got a run around

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have not seen videos but there is a 2011 Ford Mustang GT called "black magic" on Ebay with the Edelbrock supercharger. It was listed last week but not on there anymore.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't have one but I researched it as part of my research on superchargers. It's a TVS type supercharger made by Eaton. It should perform similiar to the Roush supercharger. There are some videos on YouTube.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Here is one for you. I found this on a post about a HID light swap a couple of weeks ago.

I think when the time comes this would be the one I would go for. From what I've read on some of the reviews I like the fact that it is able to make decent power and lots of torque down low in the RPM range and consistently maintain that with just 8 or 9 PSI. I also really like the way it looks plus still being able to use a strut brace.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here is one for you. I found this on a post about a HID light swap a couple of weeks ago.

I think when the time comes this would be the one I would go for. From what I've read on some of the reviews I like the fact that it is able to make decent power and lots of torque down low in the RPM range and consistently maintain that with just 8 or 9 PSI. I also really like the way it looks plus still being able to use a strut brace.

I like it as well. But, I do not like the front entry air intake design, does not look productive for making power. I think the roush is a better design and a bit cheaper using the same TVS blower.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Front inlet

Personally, I like the front inlet - less distance for the intake air to travel and not a hard left turn into the S/C as is with the Roush and most other S/C's other than Magnacharger. Edelbrock has been around forever, makes bulletproof stuff. Personally I like it better than the Ford Racing/Whipple/Roush stuff, makes more HP with less boost.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I like it as well. But, I do not like the front entry air intake design, does not look productive for making power. I think the roush is a better design and a bit cheaper using the same TVS blower.
really,

the rouch the edlebroch, the fordprefomanceparts, whipple, magnacharger, and one other right now i cant recall are pretty much the same thing. i know the whipple and the fprp are twin screws, but i bet they are just the same as the others..

look at them. really!

beers

·
Registered
47 Posts
Don't forget, the Edelbrock is an inverted design, with the intake runners curving over the top. The longer runners provide more down-low torque.

Saleen superchargers are the only other one (that I know of) with the inverted design.

Although, the intake tube is hideous. It looks like some sort of animal stomach.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Don't forget, the Edelbrock is an inverted design, with the intake runners curving over the top. The longer runners provide more down-low torque.

Saleen superchargers are the only other one (that I know of) with the inverted design.

Although, the intake tube is hideous. It looks like some sort of animal stomach.
Would that also mean that by favoring down-low torque, you sacrifice top end power?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm also interested in the same thing, would you lose top end power, and it so, would it be that much? Hopefully some one will chime in.

·
Registered
81 Posts

This is a 2010 car.

·
Registered
297 Posts

yep,

they are the same.

beers

·
Registered
270 Posts
STILL SEEMS THAT THERE ARE NO EDELBROCK UNITS INSTALLED

Anybody?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I wanted one. But now leaning twd roush or vortech. Edelbrock seems more expensive for similar performance.

No rush though. I want to see some longer term reviews from customers.

·
Registered
260 Posts
roush seems like it gives u the least power of all of them. ive seen a 2011 stage 3 roush at mustang week and all it does is make noise. it barely had a higher 1/4 mile time than my 2012 gt. i also talked to a couple of different companies there and no one liked the roush. lethal performance and fastlane both said to avoid it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Interesting, usually on most forums Roush is the most mentioned.

All the roots style blowers sold for the 5.0's are positive displacement aka twin screw. The Roush and FRPP kits are identical except for the supercharger head unit and the lettering on the airbox lid. They both drive off the innermost belt. Not sure which ones but I know some of the other blowers both centrifugal and roots style will drive off a pulley bolted to the damper. So the lever arm on the crank increases if you turn it up a lot later.

What other kits drive off the innermost belt sheave besides the Roush/ FRPP?

Regarding supercharged manifold runner length, I don't think it matters when the manifold is pressurized. The scavenging effect isn't the same as NA.

G

·
0 Posts
Interesting, usually on most forums Roush is the most mentioned.

All the roots style blowers sold for the 5.0's are positive displacement aka twin screw. The Roush and FRPP kits are identical except for the supercharger head unit and the lettering on the airbox lid. They both drive off the innermost belt. Not sure which ones but I know some of the other blowers both centrifugal and roots style will drive off a pulley bolted to the damper. So the lever arm on the crank increases if you turn it up a lot later.

What other kits drive off the innermost belt sheave besides the Roush/ FRPP?

Regarding supercharged manifold runner length, I don't think it matters when the manifold is pressurized. The scavenging effect isn't the same as NA.
You have some wrong information there. Roots and twin screw superchargers are two seperate types of positive displacement. The Whipple and Kenne Bell are twin screws, whereas the Roush, Edelbrock, and Eaton are Roots style. The difference is in the design of the impeller and makes a major impact on performance with the twin screw being more efficient but also noisier. Also all superchargers on the market today, whether they are positive displacement or centrifugal, run off the crank pulley(which is dual sheave from the factory). For a street car it does not matter if the charger is run off the inner or outer sheave.

The Roush and Whipple(FRPP) are made by two completely separate companies and share nothing other than appearances.

What I know about the Roush performance, VMP's Rebecca Starkey runs high 9's in her full-interior street car.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts