Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to run a Vortech V-1 S-Trim 20psi supercharger on my 87 coupe. I've got a buddy with a set of Edelbrock Performer RPM heads that has a mild port/polish job that he will sell me for $800. I would like to know everyone's opinions or experiences with these heads. Any problems? If so, please suggest a head that you would recommend for this application.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have a set on mine and I like them. Assuming the port/polish job is ok, then I think you will be glad you installed them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have you ran any other heads are those the first ones you put on?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi,
I never used the RPM heads. However, we have an 86 5.8 EFI we put together with TFS heads. When we were trying to decide what heads to go with, I called A-tech (Summit Racings mother Co.) for their advice. They claimed that the TFS was a better choice because they started from scrach when they designed their heads, redesigned combustion chamber etc. not just an upgraded factory design. He (A-tech rep) also said that the TFS heads had a lot nicer valve job than the RPM heads.
Anyhow thats what we went with, and so far we've bean pleased. Like I said though, I've never used RPM heads. Also, if you decide to go with the RPM heads, make sure that the valve seats were not scuffed up when they polished the combustion chambers. Good Luck! Shawn :eyebulge:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm happy with mine,no problems.Paid 1150.00 from summit,wish I had known AFR 165's were availible with pedistle rr.Brothers has them for1285.00 delivered.They really woke my car up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.