Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Dealer called and said it was ready. Went over and mechanic said it threw codes and fail-safed on him right before I got there. It threw P2112 P2104. Both are TP and idle codes and saying the idle is stuck but it isnt. We swapped in other TP Sensors and hard codes didnt clear. I reloaded the tune and it drove about a mile testing without throwing codes except for the throttle ones. Idle keeps jumping all over the place from 900-1400. Didnt feel as powerful as I thought it would but I didnt really push it as it has 89 octane in it right now(full tank at that). Mechanic is calling Edelbrock Tech support in the AM to see if they can help. But at least it is installed and sort of running, big hurdle is cleared. 2005 GT. Edelbrock EForce SC.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
I would check that TPS voltage. Possible problems: PCM, throttle actuator binding, or faulty accelerator pedal sensor.

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
377 Posts
After I had my car tuned my idle signal wasn't smooth. The tuner told me that my maf sensor was to close to throttle body. Procharger sc. Called procharger and have to relocate maf sensor. I know we're talking about two diff. sc but similar idle issues. I haven't relocated my maf yet when I do I'll post results.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Welcome to AFM. I'd also check to make sure the throttle motor spring is wound right.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Was it dialed in on a dyno after the install? I've heard that there is the possibility of running into some problems after installing the SC and the provided tune, some time it requires a bit of fine tuning.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Was it dialed in on a dyno after the install? I've heard that there is the possibility of running into some problems after installing the SC and the provided tune, some time it requires a bit of fine tuning.
Very nicely put...:hihi:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Multiple sources who dont know each other have mentioned PSI motorsports so i am going to call them monday. I cleared the codes and took an easy drive about 6 miles up the highway, uturned and about halfway back dropped into 3d from 60mph and it felt a lot better than before. SC doesnt whine much at all, kinda disappointing! This system is very stealth both in sound and appearance, looks like a big regular intake manifold. Anyway, got close to home, stopped at a light then did a hard take off and hit the rev limiter spinning tires pretty quick. Went home and no codes but still idled high for about 4 seconds in the garage before dropping to ~900. Talked to Edelbrock engineer earlier and he thinks the butterfly needs adjusting or a different spring in the TB. He wants it back at the dealer so he can walk the mechanic thru adjusting their TB Monday morning. Pretty helpful.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Awesome! I looked at the E-Force a lot before deciding on KB. There are bound to be some minor issues like this for the first year or so (one of the reasons I decided against it in the end). That setup uses it's own TB, so I doubt it's something like MAF location, since they engineered all that themselves.

Did you put an AF meter in? If so, what kind of AF ratio do you have at idle? Is it bouncing around at idle like your rpms? If so i would suspect a tune issue, if not, perhaps a vacuum leak? If it takes time to build the vacuum after being in boost, then it would take more time to get back to idle, and it might even run rough at idle because of it.

Whatever it is, hopefully Edelbrock will get it worked out for you soon. A lot of the first E-Force buyers took the dyno tune option, but in the end used a new tune from Edelbrock. I say have faith in the manufacturer, nobody knows more about their product than they do.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Talked to Edelbrock engineer earlier and he thinks the butterfly needs adjusting or a different spring in the TB. He wants it back at the dealer so he can walk the mechanic thru adjusting their TB Monday morning. Pretty helpful.
Does the system use an Edelbrock throttle body or OEM?

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
I've never heard of anyone physically adjusting a throttle body or changing the spring. :scratchchin

·
Registered
604 Posts
You remove the stock spring from the stock TB, and put it on the new 85mm mono blade TB that comes with the Edelbrock kit.

Tim

·
Registered
90 Posts
Edelbrock s/c codes

Having the same problems with mine.Spoke with Rob in engineering and they are sending me a new sping for the throttle blade stop. Apparently the springs are too strong for some cars and need to be replaced with a weaker spring. I feel your pain mine has been tuned?! off and on for over 2 weeks and still isn't right?! Hoping this spring takes care of both our problems. My new spring should be here today or Tuesday. I'll post results once it is corrected!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.