Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or is the Edelbrock Super Victor #29285 ugly as all get out?

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
it's you...looks like a classic single plane intake, ala the Shelby or any other intake of the day, btw it's the highest flowing manifold you can put on a small block...just add porting and a wilson elbown

·
Registered
13,138 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was dead set on the Box-R Series from TFS.... until I found out down darn tall it was. Whatever I decide to get I would like to fit it under no more than a 3" cowl. Preferably a 2.5" I'm just browsing right now. Read a review of the Super Vic EFI and decided to take a peek at it.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whats the hood clearance on the Super Vic?

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
see that price list? Geez $2800
You can't put a price on beauty and those things in person are a work of art tho. I just wanted Dave to see some eye candy:laughlitt

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish Smurf! I'm on a Gov. computer and I'm limited to the sites I can visit. Unless its posted here I can't see it lol

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Here ya go Dave........

Attachments

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
The bad part is with a tig welder those are about $25 in material.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It does look nice. And the welds in that picture look near perfect. I was always told a perfect weld looks like a row of pennies one stacked halfway on the next. That just about sums it up.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Come on now there is much more than $25 in materials and labor/craftsmanship is outta control. That is why those intakes fetch such a high price.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Dont get me wrong they are very nice pieces. But if you had one to disect you would find there isnt much to them. First one would take time to make, but I could get that welded up for $150.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well that, is that a business proposition Spd? I'll even polish the aluminum myself! LOL

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
I feel alot prettier when my bank account is fat...

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
super vic efi is a good choice, and it'll fit under the STOCK hook with the right elbow.

David, the intake you posted might've been a super vic efi, but it had a sheetmetal elbow on it, and those don't come with the intake.

That cast elbow that 2manystangs posted looked nice & low profile. Probably I what I would've chosen for my 427, but without the spacer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts