Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have had my 1989 5.0 lx for like 2 months and only drove it home from then on been in construction mode aka tore whole inside of car out and engine has been completely rebuilt new crank new everything but rods and pistons. its a 306 aka bored .30 over ne how i have a rpm performer intake and having valve cover clearance issues. i bought a set of polished aluminum tall valve covers and also bought matching bbk spacer for intake to supposedly clear the valve covers .... well it dont the throttle body spring rest on top of 1 valve cover and can only move like 1/8 of a inch and scratches my brand new covers and other side the tubing on it hits the other valve cover... my question how can i fix this without doubling up on spacers and having to buy or find new studs that are twice as long and has ne one else had this issue please help thanks

·
Registered
604 Posts
I didnt read anything about roller rockers so why the tall covers in the first place??? I would recomend going to the stock hieght and saving the talls until you need them. What heads are you running?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt read anything about roller rockers so why the tall covers in the first place??? I would recomend going to the stock hieght and saving the talls until you need them. What heads are you running?
it has the stock rockers in there.. i bought the valve covers from jegs there sorta local where i live and im eventually going to upgrade to better rockers but ne how thats all they had in stock was the tall version and they said didnt carry many stock height covers ... the bbk spacer i bought was made to clear tall covers ne ways but it just isnt clearing for some reason im running a set of 351 windsor heads with a good amount of machine work to them.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I wonder if maybe those windsors are a bit taller than stock... I really dont know, have you checked for a thicker manifold spacer kit?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i checked for a thicker spacer they dont make one with the same patteren as my intake.. what ill prob have to do is buy another spacer aka double it up and find larger studs i really dont know what else i can do

G

·
sounds like you got a set of valve covers for a carb motor......

a set of stock valve covers would be just fine......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.