Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford dealer next to me has 2 Used GT's. I noticed them sitting there for 2 weeks now. All in with the V6's and Saleens. Well now I know why they have been there for 2 weeks.

Miles 6,613
$32,900 5 Speed Manual, Red, 4.6 liter, 8 Cyl., 2 Dr Coupe, Stock # 155597, Warranty Yes, VIN : 1ZVFT82H855155597

Miles 3,314
$33,995 5 Speed Manual, Black, 4.6 liter, 8 Cyl., 2 Dr Coupe, IUP. Stock # P1565, Warranty Yes, VIN : 1ZVFT82HX55140728

and to think Im paying 26,484 for a new 06.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've seen this around me too. Got an email yesterday from a dealer who had a used GT in stock. He recommended I check it out on their website. I think it had 11,000 miles and they were asking over $31K. More than $4K more than I paid for my brand new fully loaded one. And so it goes...

·
Registered
151 Posts
THATS why I'm not so mad I paid 3 grand over sticker for mine I still feel this is the best car for under even 35 grand and I feel lucky to have found mine when I see things like this.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its good to know you have a car that when you drive off the lot actually increases in value, lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow, Im waiting a few years to get a GT ((once i have the money)) hopefully thier still going to be producing the s197 version, or else ill go used, but damn thats alot of money, id just save up for a cobra, its only 8k more.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Those prices are insane, but if they are asking them, then someone must be willing to pay that. I can't imagine that many Cobras will go for MSRP. Just look at the 10%+ premium many new GTs are commanding....Cobras are newer, rarer, and have the Shelby name. I'm interested to see what their average sale price will be, but I would just look at the Mustang GT and Ford GTs as good examples of supply and demand pushing prices over MSRP.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The real question is who would trade in one of these after a few months?

Perhaps repos?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Guys look, this is typical of car dealers, new or used. They have an "asking price" for their car. Usually they ask "high retail" book. Most people have a trade these days and are upside down in their trades. So the extra money asked, like $32,999 for an 05 GT, is applied to the trade and the buyer thinks he is getting more for it. If the dealer can "show" the buyer they are getting lets say $8,500 for their car instead of $6,500 it makes the deal look better for the buyer "and" the bank who is lending the money for the 05 GT............ Its a common strategy used in selling cars. :naughty

The real deal is that most car dealers are putting anywhere between $23,000 and $26,000 to buy the 05 GT's from auctions across the country right now. How do I know? I just know.........:winks

Jeff
-----------------------------
2005 GT Mustang
Windveil Blue
Light Graphite Leather
5 Speed
Shaker 1000
Upgraded Aluminum Wheels

1 - 10 of 10 Posts