Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of an addendum to my thread asking about speaker choices.

But in the space of 24 hours I listened to a pair of Infinity Reference 6832cf's and just dropped the car off to have 4 of them installed. These speakers are a brand new model from Infinity. Hot off the press.

368.00 and change for the 4 speakers, installation and tax....not bad....very reasonably priced.

Even though I am still following up leads on finding another job....I couldn't go the ENTIRE Summer without at least ONE mod....lol.

So I decided to something that was different and reasonably priced.

But I am always wary of doing a first audio upgrade to my cars because with me it usually leads to insanity by opening Pandora's box....but hopefully I will be able to apply some self-control....

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
:X I would have gone with Alpine Type-R's. Oh wait, I did. :shigrin

Congrats on the speaker upgrade. You're right though, it's going to make you realize how much the stock radios suck. :hihi:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:X I would have gone with Alpine Type-R's. Oh wait, I did. :shigrin

Congrats on the speaker upgrade. You're right though, it's going to make you realize how much the stock radios suck. :hihi:
I listened to the Infinity's against a pair of Alpines.....I liked the Alpines as well but they were a bit brighter than the Infinity's and I want a smoother high end. Speakers are so subjective anyway...people like different sound characteristics. I have listened to 400.00/pair speakers that I have hated, for instance.

And actually the electronics of the Shaker system is not junk....manufactured by JBL which is not some fly by night audio company....lol.

It's hard to make a bad aftermarket speaker choice....all of them are really good....it just depends on what each individual ear likes for sound characteristics.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
congrats.... i know how much the stock speakers arent that great on this car... i had an audi with a symphony II setup in it before the stang which wasn't all that either but it was still significantly better.... but thats not why we buy these cars either!!! so its all good.... i think i might do an infinity setup myself if i do new speakers.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
congrats.... i know how much the stock speakers arent that great on this car... i had an audi with a symphony II setup in it before the stang which wasn't all that either but it was still significantly better.... but thats not why we buy these cars either!!! so its all good.... i think i might do an infinity setup myself if i do new speakers.
Well the Infinity's defintely sound a lot better....much smoother high end for sure. And the mid-range, vocals etc are also much better. Well worth the 360.00 price I would say. I'd love to get some higher end speakers, like component speakers but that would mean an outboard amp....and I'm not going there right now. This was a very nice improvement for a reasonable cost...

Now let's hope I don't start going hog wild with this stuff....lol

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Congrats on the new speakers. so your playing them at the get together:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Hopefully I will be able to apply some self-control.
Based on past experience, it's good that you qualified that sentence with "hopefully".

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
And actually the electronics of the Shaker system is not junk....manufactured by JBL which is not some fly by night audio company....lol.
Don't get me wrong, the Shaker 500 isn't the worst piece of equipment to hit the streets, but its very limited when it comes to dialing in a sound. With just a basic treble and bass control you're left wondering what to do when your sub/s is/aren't putting out enough bass and the speakers are pushing way too much trying to keep up.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't get me wrong, the Shaker 500 isn't the worst piece of equipment to hit the streets, but its very limited when it comes to dialing in a sound. With just a basic treble and bass control you're left wondering what to do when your sub/s is/aren't putting out enough bass and the speakers are pushing way too much trying to keep up.
Very true on the bass and treble controls. That happens when playing a lot of older material.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Based on past experience, it's good that you qualified that sentence with "hopefully".
Sorry, but I was thinking it was more a pitiful attempt at self delusion just to rationalize the initial "fall off the wagon". Once a mod junkie.....always a mod junkie.

Fuzzy, repeat after me.......Hello, my name is Fuzzy and I am a mod junkie. That is the first step. You keep this up and you'll end up on that Intervention show. :D

Like the Reference series of speakers btw. Good choice.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Very true on the bass and treble controls. That happens when playing a lot of older material.
My beef with the shaker is not only its bass and treble adjustment shortcomings, but its total lack of a stand-alone subwoofer control. There's no way to adjust the volume of your sub/s without changing the bass in your speakers (by using the bass control.) Thats why you end up with your subs hitting too quietly and your speakers blowing out of the door. :gringreen

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.