Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let anyone know that is considering removing the egr smog stuff, a 5/8"-11 thread set screw will thread into the back of the heads where the egr tubes go. I searched and could not find out what they were. So I just thought I would let anyone know what I found out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
thanks i would be needing this info in about 2 weeks i got some e7te heads that i gotta block off the EGR crap. :bigthumbsup

i crammed a nickle into a vaccuum plug and stuffed it on the end of the EGR piping coming off my old heads

looks fugly but it works too

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
I'm sure others will be able to use that info. Thanks for posting it.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
That is not for EGR. That is for Thermactor air injection (what some people call "smog pump").

The EGR passage is in the middle of the head, where it meets the intake, and exhaust gasses go through the lower and upper intakes.

external EGR = '94+

R

·
0 Posts
I just wanted to let anyone know that is considering removing the egr smog stuff, a 5/8"-11 thread set screw will thread into the back of the heads where the egr tubes go. I searched and could not find out what they were. So I just thought I would let anyone know what I found out.

just an FYI:
you can buy the inserts at any Ford dealer, part # is F4ZZ-6E086-A

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.