Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need some input. I am helping a buddy switch out his manifolds with some pacesetter's (because they were cheaper than oem). Long story short "we" snaped the egr tube in 2 and I for the life of me cant find any replacements on the web. Are we shat out of luck? Can It be welded back together (I dont know if it is aluminum or steel)? I cant weld aluminum but if it is could we use a rubber tube and some clamps to piece it back together? Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
you'd need a high temp bit of tube.. thats what some people use when doing the windstar intake swap, you need to cut and move the EGR in order to get the intake on there.. so i do think you could get away with clamping on a bit of tubing

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not doing anything with the intake, just replacing the exhaust manifolds because they are both cracked.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
i know..... if you pay attention i was talking about how they use high temp silicone tubing to connect the bits of egr tube that they cut...

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seemed to me that the "you" implied I was swapping intakes. I understand what your saying thought, thanks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
You could find it at a napa. Ask for high temp silicone hose like mark said. I paid about 12 dollars for a foot somewhat expensive tubing. 5/8 i believe is the size.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ended up welding the tube back together, not as bad as I thought it was gonna be. I figured it would blow through but to my suprise it went together really good. Thanks for the suggestions again guys, the car runs and sounds good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts