Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First is the thermastor the sqaure connector with that the vacuum lines attach to? Second Does the Egr vacuum line come directly off the H pipe? I know you might ask why don't you just look at your car and see for yourself. Well I bought this car with a smog pump delete and When replacing my H pipe I noticed There's nothing comming off the the pipe but there's a spot for a hose it's plug. I guessing this is a EGR delete of some sort. Now to bring everyone up the speed I'm having idle problems again and one of my codes is 94/Thermastor. Here's my confusion I know are plenty of EGR deleted and smog pump deleted systems without idle malfunction. Is there anything I need to do when deleting egr and smog pumps to make them run smoothly Do I need to cap the Egr hose nipple off? Any help would be great. I'm also cleaned the Egr valve and the IAC./ swapped both with know good ones. One time I ran codes and got one ACT and ECT. I hear these cause bad idle and stalling when cold? I plan on changing them Thursday because they're pretty cheap.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The EGR and smog system are seperate. If the smog pump is deleted you will get those codes and it shouldn't cause any problem. The egr does not connect to the exhaust. Exhaust gases are moved through the intake and the EGR valve controls there release. So there shouldn't be anything connected to the EGr valve itself. Your idle problems are being caused by something else...vacuum leak, TPS, IAC, MAF, timing. These are just the first places to look.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
The port on the pipes are where the smog pump lines connected to, not the EGR. You say it's plugged, is the CEL light on?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No CEL light. I have the smog pump deleted. I've checked IAC,MAF and I cleaned it with CRC MAF cleaner and a tip. I'm just confussed I think I might have a vacuum leak assuming the IAC I swapped in was got when I disconnect it the car shuts off like it should. I only have idle problems when the car is cold though. I know there's plenty of people with this pump deleted with no problems though. Also I'm thinking of deleting the EGR with one of those block off plates and the 3 resistor trick. today the only two codes I got when I did a scan were 12 and 41. Will O2 sensors effect cold idle only though? and I don't have a clue why I get 12.

In short I just want to get the Idle straight before I deside to sell this car. The engine and the rest of the car is great. I just need some good checks I can do to weed out this stubbern problem. Then I'll keep it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.