Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've got a 2005 V6 Mustang convertible, and I would like to replace the factory installed sway bars with those by Eibach

Also, I am not going to lower my vehicle with Eibach springs.

I wonder, if it is fine to replace the factory sway bars with those by Eibach without lowering the vehicle.

I also have a question about Eibach wheel spacers: is it worth installing them on my vehicle at all?>

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
The sway bars are well worth it. The front one from Eibach is thicker than the wimpy stock one, and the V6 doesn't even come with a rear sway bar. You should skip the wheel spacers though, there's no need for them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, man, that's what I actually thought about sway bars. Your advice is highly appreciated!

·
Registered
161 Posts
This winter I installed Koni SRT.R shocks with Eibach swaybars front & rear.

WOW, WHAT A DIFFERENCE! The "Yacht" feeling is gone. The car barely rolls through corners now. In fact, I'm concerned the stock rubber on the stock 16" rims are gonna shred off.... otherwise I'd take turns even faster =D

With the shocks Z& swaybars... the ride has gotten way more tighter... though I still get a little drift (mostly due to stock tires).

It's not a 302 BOSS Laguna Seca setup, but it's pretty darn good.
Next I'll be getting a front tower brace and eventually some lightweight 18" wheels.

Good luck! You won't be sorry! (Got my gear at stranoparts.com)

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
yes upgrading the swaybars is a must and well worth it

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 'Vert is a 2007 4litre-V6. Eibach handling package made a huge difference. First thing I did. As to springs, I chose the Eibach but after a while ditched them for H & R Sport. Better ride and just as good handling. I thought the Eibachs sat too low for my liking. Also, to throw another thing into the mix, I just installed the Steeda front control arm bushing insert (red as opposed to the black). Noticable improvement.

If nothing else, go for the Eibach handling kit. You won't be sorry!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all, your advice is very helpful.

Do I need to buy any extra item for the installation of the rear sway bar?

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
The swaybars do make a huge difference. The sway bars reduce body roll without going to some super high spring rate which would make the car ride like crap.

The kit we sell includes everything you'd need to install the rear bar on your car. (you can see the links and end mounts in the picture)

2005-2010 Ford Mustang Anti-Roll Sway Bar Kit 35101.320 - UPR Products

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also want to combine H&R springs with Monroe struts and shock absorbs. They are avilable on Amazon for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never mind. I think that Eibach struts and shocks + H&R springs would really be a perfect match. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
6,461 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got Eibach rear sway bar installed on my V6 Stang! What I huge difference in ride, it's tighter and more controlled! Feels like I'm driving a brand new car!

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Just got Eibach rear sway bar installed on my V6 Stang! What I huge difference in ride, it's tighter and more controlled! Feels like I'm driving a brand new car!

Told you it would make a big difference! I'm glad you like it. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, yeah, Eibach sway bars rock, I am even going to replace the stock front sway bar with Eibach (considering that I already have an Eibach rear sway bar).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts