Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the kit put on the other day. I forgot to measure the height of the fenders and it just doesnt seem like lowered it all that much. What is the deal? I mean it almost seems like it was just like a 1/2" maybe. I mean it didnt lower as much as it was supposed to.

·
Registered
554 Posts
any chance of some pictures?

·
Registered
436 Posts
i think that the springs might have to settle a little bit....after a few days, the springs should be adjusted and the ride should be lower.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I put springs on my 94gt It took about a week for the full lower effect. They just need to break in a little bit. Go charge at some speed bumps! j/k

·
Registered
308 Posts
It will take at least a week for them to settle.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just put the same springs on my car about 2 weeks ago, here are my measurements.

Before: Measured from top of fenderwell to the floor.
Front- 28 1/4 in.
Back- 28 1/2 in.

After: Today
Front- 27 in.
Back- 27 in.

So, I guess it lowered basically what it claimed. It would be higher in the back, but I just added about 200 pounds of custom stereo install in the trunk. Mine didn't seem lowered much at first either, but it WILL settle. Just give it time!! I have a car show today, I take some pics and post them later. I haven't taken any pics since it's settled, I'll post em later!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sweet01gt said:
I just put the same springs on my car about 2 weeks ago, here are my measurements.

Before: Measured from top of fenderwell to the floor.
Front- 28 1/4 in.
Back- 28 1/2 in.

After: Today
Front- 27 in.
Back- 27 in.

So, I guess it lowered basically what it claimed. It would be higher in the back, but I just added about 200 pounds of custom stereo install in the trunk. Mine didn't seem lowered much at first either, but it WILL settle. Just give it time!! I have a car show today, I take some pics and post them later. I haven't taken any pics since it's settled, I'll post em later!!
Yeah take some more pics sweet that would be awesome

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sorry it took so long to get these up, but here ya go. Here are some recent pics! Enjoy!!:thumbsup

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.