Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I just installed an eibach prokit on my 2005GT...I didn't think they would make such a difference.

Tbe lowering is great, better visibility...handles like a go cart...but, it's just too hard a ride!
The bumpy ride sort of cancels out the advantages, because when you hit the smallest bump on a corner the car jumps. In regards to camber, it seems like you don't need the camber plates, and seems like you don't need an adjustable panhard bar...

but is there a way to keep it low, yet return to a bit of a smoother ride??? Are there some alternate shocks that would work with these Eibachs?
thanks for the help...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I take it all back

I just road tested my two mods in Europe, on my GT. 400KM test drive...highways, mountains etc..
...Eiback prokit, Borla mufflers 11752 (steet legal in 50 states...)

They were simple mods..I'm happy with the lowering, while a tiny bit bumpy on a rough highway, really changes the car. It feels better at high speeds (like 110MPH for extended periods of time) and the car corners like never before.

I did not allign the car yet, but it seems like it's not necassary.

The Borlas, are very similar to stock sound...in a way disapointing if you want the car to be louder. But if you want a small change, and significant feeling that the car is tuned better...go for it. They sound deeper, and I assure you the car runs, and shifts better...don't know why...it seems like the car should have been delivered stock this way.

Now I'm considering induction, and I'm wondering whether it is worth it to add a panhard bar???<

·
Registered
767 Posts
johney5 said:
They were simple mods..I'm happy with the lowering, while a tiny bit bumpy on a rough highway, really changes the car. It feels better at high speeds (like 110MPH for extended periods of time) and the car corners like never before.
You can fix the ride quality with new dampners. Tonko, QA1, FRPP, and Ebiach all have new shocks/struts out for the 05/06 lowered cars.
johney5 said:
I did not allign the car yet, but it seems like it's not necassary.
An alignment is MUCH cheaper than new tires in 3000 miles.

johney5 said:
I'm wondering whether it is worth it to add a panhard bar???
If you want the rear end to center under the car, yes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was in the same boat I had a bumpy ride,,,had shocks and struts installed and now it's really smooth. also, don't forget to trim your bump stops( or install the shorter ones that are supposed to come with the eibach kit) or it will be really bouncy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In order to adjust properly for alignment I would need the camber plates right? Plus shocks and this is one expensive mod.

·
Registered
177 Posts
go to a good alignment shop and they will just slot the strut hole. then they can align it properly. they slotted my stock struts and it is all aligned. aftermarket struts might come slotted, which would be a huge plus.

·
Registered
767 Posts
DAVE05GT said:
In order to adjust properly for alignment I would need the camber plates right? Plus shocks and this is one expensive mod.
All depends on the vehicle. Some do, some don't. There are much cheaper alternatives to the $250+ camber adjustment kits ( finally ).

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
shocks did you use?

which shocks, and where do you get the cheaper camber plates?

·
Registered
767 Posts
johney5 said:
which shocks, and where do you get the cheaper camber plates?
(From a thread on TMS )
A company called SPC makes a camber bolt for $30 that can be installed in 5 minutes by taking off the wheel. It will adjust up to 1.75 camber...way more than the lowering kits are thowing things off. http://www.specprod.com/ I called the company and they told me about their web site...very cool. Go to the top of their page and select apps/products, then applications on the next page, then enter in Ford, Mustang, 2005. The EZ CAM XR part number 81260 will pop up. They even have a great "how to" section that shows exactly how to use the bolts. If you have already installed your front springs, these bolts do not require pulling them out like the plates do. Anyway, very cool, very cheap. No notching (as described by the Ford Service manual).

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the tip on the camber bolts...i will get them. Now, can someone tell me what to do about the shocks. According to Sacramento Mustang, any performance shocks will stiffen the ride further...i want to soften it a bit....ideas?
thanks again

·
Registered
40 Posts
johney5 said:
Hey,
I just installed an eibach prokit on my 2005GT...I didn't think they would make such a difference.

Tbe lowering is great, better visibility...handles like a go cart...but, it's just too hard a ride!
The bumpy ride sort of cancels out the advantages, because when you hit the smallest bump on a corner the car jumps. In regards to camber, it seems like you don't need the camber plates, and seems like you don't need an adjustable panhard bar...

but is there a way to keep it low, yet return to a bit of a smoother ride??? Are there some alternate shocks that would work with these Eibachs?
thanks for the help...
I installed the Eibach Pro kit. But I purchased the Steeda Billet Camber adjusters. It was needed and also had to be modifed a little due to my 20" wheels. I also installed Tokico D-Spec shocks, which are adjustable. The car handles great!! I was worried also with lowering the car. But mine handles great.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Like I said in my earlier post, there are several companies that are making dampner kits for the lowered cars. All will improve the ride.

QA1 makes an adjustable shock/strut for the 05s, and they are ( in my opinion ) probably the best on the market. Tokico DSPECs are 12 way adjustable, and are also extremely good. FRPP has dampner kits on their web site for lowered 05s, and Ebiach themselves now have dampner kits out for their springs. Any of the four are going to be an improvement over the stock setup with lowered springs. I don't think the Ebiachs and the FRPPs are adjustable, but for sure the QA1s and the Tokico's ( yes, I spelled it wrong in my first post ) are adjustable. You will be able to tune the ride to your own liking with either brand.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just picked up my car tonight after getting it lowered with the Eibach Pro-kit, I tell ya, it was like the day I picked up the car when I bought it. It looks awesome. It rode no different then before I had them in, but didn't get much chance to really try them out because it was raining.

·
Registered
19 Posts
sportline springs

NorthernStang said:
Just picked up my car tonight after getting it lowered with the Eibach Pro-kit, I tell ya, it was like the day I picked up the car when I bought it. It looks awesome. It rode no different then before I had them in, but didn't get much chance to really try them out because it was raining.
I put the Sport Line Eibach's on my '05 gt and it looks great, handles great but I can't get the car on a dealership ramp because it's too low. Anyone else out there having similar problems? I only have about 4" of clearance...Like I said...She's loowwww.

·
Registered
100 Posts
IAM1096 said:
I put the Sport Line Eibach's on my '05 gt and it looks great, handles great but I can't get the car on a dealership ramp because it's too low. Anyone else out there having similar problems? I only have about 4" of clearance...Like I said...She's loowwww.
That's why I went with the Pro-kit, I considered the Sportlines but thought they were a bit too low.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here I go again...
Ok, last weekend I was out on the highway, and was pretty happy with the prokit. But last night I was being a bad boy and driving a bit fast in a city tunnel. I hit a tiny little bump, going about 100MPH, the car really jumped..all was ok, but without the eibachs I probably wouldn't have been jerked so hard as to have my adrenaline jump 1000%
So now I want to soften the ride up seriously...any ideas how to calm down the suspension, but keep it low?

·
Registered
149 Posts
IAM1096 said:
I have the Sport Line as well. After the installation they couldn't get it off the ramp without putting a couple of short 2x4's under the rear wheels. I thought I had made a big mistake but the looks & handling are a killer. I receive looks of compliments but when you hit a bump you definitely know it. When I bring it to the Ford dealer I just tell'em -- no ramps it's been lowered. It goes on the alignment ramp without any problems but it won't go on the oil change ramp so they use a floor jack.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
johney5 said:
Here I go again...
Ok, last weekend I was out on the highway, and was pretty happy with the prokit. But last night I was being a bad boy and driving a bit fast in a city tunnel. I hit a tiny little bump, going about 100MPH, the car really jumped..all was ok, but without the eibachs I probably wouldn't have been jerked so hard as to have my adrenaline jump 1000%
So now I want to soften the ride up seriously...any ideas how to calm down the suspension, but keep it low?
You definately wanna get some Bump-Steers.
D-Specs will help.
Anti-Roll kit helped me, believe it or not!?!

Better ride and betted handling! :happyhapp

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks for the advice...do you mean the Tokio d specshocks? is that what Bump steers are?
thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts