Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have an Eibach Pro Kit on it's way. How many here have installed them on their own? I know I'm gonna need a spring compresser, and I AM a mechanic (even though it's airplanes I work on). So can someone experienced in this exercise give me any heads up? This is for a V6 convertible BTW. Thanks in advance guys and girls.:bigthumbsupGlen

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Since you're a wrench turner it won't be hard. The spring compressor intimidates a lot of people into hiring it out. Pretty easy on jackstands. Not 100% sure how difficult it is to access the shock bolts in a vert.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You should be fine. You'll need to align the car which may require a cam kit 4R3Z-3B236-AB from Ford. Some alignment techs can modify the factory cams to get the car into specs but, to do it right you'll need the kit. Good luck. Check out Alldatadyi.com it costs a little but, a lot less than paying a tech.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
You should be fine. You'll need to align the car which may require a cam kit 4R3Z-3B236-AB from Ford. Some alignment techs can modify the factory cams to get the car into specs but, to do it right you'll need the kit. Good luck. Check out Alldatadyi.com it costs a little but, a lot less than paying a tech.
$90 from Bob Utter Genuine Ford Parts. Other option is camber plates.

·
Registered
179 Posts
You shouldn't have any issues with your experience level. I did all of my suspension work in the garage with a spring compressor rented from Autozone. Here are some schematics of the front and rear suspension.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.