Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have another year left on my 2006 Mustang GT lease and I finally have some extra cash burning a hole in my pocket. Can I get away with just having the Eibach Pro-Kit installed and having an alignment done?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Might need camber bolts and there's a possibility your rear axle will be off-center (correctable with an adjustable panhard bar).

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
After installing mine with the Dpecs my camber was in specs. But I still adjusted it to where I wanted it.
I already had a panhard bar

·
Registered
637 Posts
Might get more answers in the GT Tech area............:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
63 Posts
Humm... mod a leased car?

"Burning a hole in your pocket" is in fact, an accurate description. Are you sure there isn't something actually worth while to do with this "extra" cash? What exactly is "extra" cash by the way? I'd be willing to bet, it's not exactly "extra".

·
Registered
186 Posts
Eiback pro kit and lease vehicle

I just had the same kit put on my 07 GT, No problems. You do have to have an alignment. Almost anytime you lower a car the rear axle will shift. Mine did a little, less than a 1/4 inch. I am going to get an adjustable panhard bar to correct it but I called Eibach and they said does not effect driving or anything because it isn't enough to hurt anything. I used to sell cars, and I would look at your lease agreement to see if they have any stipulations against those type of modifications. I would say it does violate your lease but if you are planning to buy out the lease at the end of you term I wouldn't worry about it unless it violates any of your warranty with the lease. I would just do some research on the lease first.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just had the same kit put on my 07 GT, No problems. You do have to have an alignment. Almost anytime you lower a car the rear axle will shift. Mine did a little, less than a 1/4 inch. I am going to get an adjustable panhard bar to correct it but I called Eibach and they said does not effect driving or anything because it isn't enough to hurt anything. I used to sell cars, and I would look at your lease agreement to see if they have any stipulations against those type of modifications. I would say it does violate your lease but if you are planning to buy out the lease at the end of you term I wouldn't worry about it unless it violates any of your warranty with the lease. I would just do some research on the lease first.
Thanks mustangman!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.