Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was originally considering doing Koni STR's and steeda ultralites for my 2011 GT with Brembo package, but seeing the 2011 specific kit from Eibach makes me ponder. This is specific to the 5.0, and doesn't require the addition of 2010 strut mount, as a result it's also cheaper by about $80 as well. I'm looking for a moderate drop with improved handling while not ruining too much of the comfort characteristics.

Any insight?

Sean

G

·
0 Posts
You are going to have to replace the upper strut mount anyway, so don't figure cost into the idea. The 2011 strut mount is a one-time use piece and the only direct replacements for use in a 2011 with matching struts would either be the Steeda HD '11 mount or the Maximum Motorsports CC plate. Both are around $300.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are going to have to replace the upper strut mount anyway, so don't figure cost into the idea. The 2011 strut mount is a one-time use piece and the only direct replacements for use in a 2011 with matching struts would either be the Steeda HD '11 mount or the Maximum Motorsports CC plate. Both are around $300.
You can use a Ford oem strut mount as well, correct? I have to imagine if it's a one time use, there is a replacement part no. for it. Is there any benefit to using a beefier strut mount on the street, i'd really rather not spend $300 on a "heavy duty" part.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just buy the gt500 strut mount, if you can find a place that has a set in stock.
GT500 mount will only work with shocks that are 2010 and prior. So, if I go with the Eibach kit which is 2011+, it will not work with the gt500 mount.

·
Registered
775 Posts
the steeds springs will have a nice middle ground drop 1/1.2 - while the eibachs 1/1.5 drop is perfect in my opinion. you cant go wrong either way but i think NOT replacing the strut mounts is the way to go.

i replaced my strut mounts with GT500 units / vogtland springs and it works fine and might be a little lighter to boot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts