Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here who has installed the Eibach Pro springs - what's your opinion in the change of the ride?

I am considering the FRPP handling pack and the shop told me they change the ride to the same stiffness as the Eibach Pros, and since no one on this forum has installed the pack yet (or at least posted a comment about it), I was wondering about the Eibachs. I remember quite a few of you that have talked about them.

Thanks in advance. :worship

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just installed the Eibach pro Kit in my '06. Used the stock shocks/struts/panhard. The ride is a little firmer but better. Reason I feel it's "better" is that my GT (with the 18" rims option) drove real "bouncy". On the interstate the rear end of the car was constantly moving up and down, real irritating. With the new springs this bouncy ride is gone. As with any lowered vehicle you have to be careful over speed bumps, etc.

The alignment shop had no problem driving on the alignment rack. Camber is still in factory range of -1.3 to -0.3 (mine turned out to be -0.9 average). Some advise getting the camber more positive which may not be a bad idea so a pair of camber bolts would be a good idea. I'm getting a pair.

Back on topic, I had the same springs in my '96 Cobra and was fine with them, no scraping, stock-like ride, and better handling. The '06 seems to working out the same.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent!!!

I had heard that the Sport line will rattle your teeth out - so that option was out, and while I want to improve the handling I do have to drive the car every day and it looks like the "pack" has more than just springs and is a pretty complete setup (Although I'll also probably add control arms and new panhard bars - but will first wait to see how it is). Sounds quite fine from what you say, and now that I have the intake & tunes installed I already notice the back end wants to start floating on me a lot more when I am on it.

Thanks much!! :drink:

RPM said:
Just installed the Eibach pro Kit in my '06. Used the stock shocks/struts/panhard. The ride is a little firmer but better. Reason I feel it's "better" is that my GT (with the 18" rims option) drove real "bouncy". On the interstate the rear end of the car was constantly moving up and down, real irritating. With the new springs this bouncy ride is gone. As with any lowered vehicle you have to be careful over speed bumps, etc.

The alignment shop had no problem driving on the alignment rack. Camber is still in factory range of -1.3 to -0.3 (mine turned out to be -0.9 average). Some advise getting the camber more positive which may not be a bad idea so a pair of camber bolts would be a good idea. I'm getting a pair.

Back on topic, I had the same springs in my '96 Cobra and was fine with them, no scraping, stock-like ride, and better handling. The '06 seems to working out the same.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just installed the pro springs last week. The ride is just a tad firmer than stock. I bought the camber bolts for $19 and the mechanic had no problem aligning the front end. The car does hook up better now, I can't chirp second anymore. And speedbumps suck. But, I'm really happy with the springs so far. Will go for sway bars and Tokico shocks next.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey RPM....I've noticed the same thing on my 2006. Rides real bouncy and jittery on the highway with stock springs/shocks. I wonder if the problem is the shock valving and not the springs. Anyway, it's driving me crazy and I want to have an even, firm ride even if impacts are a little sharper. Any input?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Tungsten said:
Hey RPM....I've noticed the same thing on my 2006. Rides real bouncy and jittery on the highway with stock springs/shocks. I wonder if the problem is the shock valving and not the springs. Anyway, it's driving me crazy and I want to have an even, firm ride even if impacts are a little sharper. Any input?
Changing springs eliminated the bouncy ride so if you're not doing that then maybe a change to a performance shock/strut would do it. Have to change one or the other (or both). Do you have factory 18" rims?

·
Registered
191 Posts
just to jump in a day late,..... i put the eibach pro kit in my 06' and the car rides fine.....it handles like its on rails....i did notice it hooks up a little better not much though......i ordered the anti roll kit as well so i'm curious to see how much better it gets on the handling side....the drop sure helped to get it out of the clouds........it retained the sport rake to it about 3/4 of an inch higher in the back...no problem with the tires rubbing or anything...i am running a 27540zr18 on 18x9 wheels and the tires just fill up what gap is left......it is fun to see people in traffic check it out.....:cool: money well spent.....kj_cinci was a big help on my selection....and he was right ...

·
Registered
191 Posts
hey what camber bolts are you refering to????? my frontend guy is having trouble with the new front ends and i wanted to try and help the boy out a bit.....the factory ones or aftermarket?????:cool:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you kindly...I am looking forward to the same experience and results. :worship

darkdayz said:
just to jump in a day late,..... i put the eibach pro kit in my 06' and the car rides fine.....it handles like its on rails....i did notice it hooks up a little better not much though......i ordered the anti roll kit as well so i'm curious to see how much better it gets on the handling side....the drop sure helped to get it out of the clouds........it retained the sport rake to it about 3/4 of an inch higher in the back...no problem with the tires rubbing or anything...i am running a 27540zr18 on 18x9 wheels and the tires just fill up what gap is left......it is fun to see people in traffic check it out.....:cool: money well spent.....kj_cinci was a big help on my selection....and he was right ...

·
Registered
160 Posts
darkdayz said:
hey what camber bolts are you refering to????? my frontend guy is having trouble with the new front ends and i wanted to try and help the boy out a bit.....the factory ones or aftermarket?????:cool:
Speciality Products Co (SPC) part number 81260

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just removed my Eibach Sportline springs -- too much of a hassle on bumps and too low but I did like the looks and handling on smooth roads. I replaced with Steeda Sport spirings (1 inch drop all around), Steeda billet camber adjusters, and replaced strtus/springs with the Tokico D-Spec. Rides sweet now and I love those adjustable Tokico struts/shocks.

Dave

·
Registered
191 Posts
we ended up finding a bolt kit through ford parts and doing it....drives awesome....not to bumpy but i noticed it hooks better and feels tight.....like it is on rails man.....:cool:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Maybe this is a dumb question, but it has been on my mind since thinking about replacing my springs.I
f I lower the car at least one inch, will it ride higher if I replace my 17 inch wheels with 18s?

·
Registered
191 Posts
depends on the sidewall .........:cool:

·
Registered
332 Posts
I ordered the FRPP springs and struts the other day along with an adjustable panhard bar, Steeda's camber kit, which is real sweet, and the Hydra-Mount Insert Kit.

Will let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Let me add a question...If you just use a rear leveling kit (rear springs only) which would drop the rear about 1.5"; how will this affect your alignment and such?

·
Registered
191 Posts
IT MIGHT....ON SOME CARS IT DOES AND SOME NOT...WE DID AN 05 AND JUST THE REAR AND CHECKED THE ALIGNMENT AND IT WAS FINE AND THE PANHARD KEPT IT STRAIGHT WERE IT WAS WITH NO ADJUSTMENTS.....I WOULD HAVE IT CHECKED IF NOTHING ELSE.......DON'T FORGET TO CUT DOWN YOUR BUMP STOPS OR CHANGE EM TO SHORTER ONES......ALSO KEEP IN MIND THE CAR MIGHT NOT HANDLE THE SAME WITH DIFFERENT RATE SPRINGS IN THE FRONT AND BACK.......IDEALY YOU WANT TO GO WITH A MATCHED KIT.....NOT MUCH MORE AND EASY TO DO WITH HAND TOOLS AND A TIRE STORE OR SHOP CLOSE BY WITH A STRUT SPRING TOOL....MY LOCAL TIRES STORE DID A SET FOR ME FOR LIKE 20.00 AFTER I TOOK THE STRUTS TO THEM OFF THE CAR....THERE IS A GOOD STEP BY STEP IN THIS MONTHS MUSTANG MAG.........I THINK IT WAS MUSTANGS AND FAST FORDS....I WILL CHECK IT OUT AND GET BACK WITH YOU...AT ANY RATE WITH ALL OF THIS , YOUR MONEY WILL BE WELL SPENT IF YOU USE THE EIBACH KIT....I USED THE PRO KIT AND I DID IT IN ABOUT 2.5 TO 3 HOURS WITH NO AIR AND A FLOOR JACK WITH STANDS......:cool:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
how about alignment afterwards?

Thx!

darkdayz said:
IT MIGHT....ON SOME CARS IT DOES AND SOME NOT...WE DID AN 05 AND JUST THE REAR AND CHECKED THE ALIGNMENT AND IT WAS FINE AND THE PANHARD KEPT IT STRAIGHT WERE IT WAS WITH NO ADJUSTMENTS.....I WOULD HAVE IT CHECKED IF NOTHING ELSE.......DON'T FORGET TO CUT DOWN YOUR BUMP STOPS OR CHANGE EM TO SHORTER ONES......ALSO KEEP IN MIND THE CAR MIGHT NOT HANDLE THE SAME WITH DIFFERENT RATE SPRINGS IN THE FRONT AND BACK.......IDEALY YOU WANT TO GO WITH A MATCHED KIT.....NOT MUCH MORE AND EASY TO DO WITH HAND TOOLS AND A TIRE STORE OR SHOP CLOSE BY WITH A STRUT SPRING TOOL....MY LOCAL TIRES STORE DID A SET FOR ME FOR LIKE 20.00 AFTER I TOOK THE STRUTS TO THEM OFF THE CAR....THERE IS A GOOD STEP BY STEP IN THIS MONTHS MUSTANG MAG.........I THINK IT WAS MUSTANGS AND FAST FORDS....I WILL CHECK IT OUT AND GET BACK WITH YOU...AT ANY RATE WITH ALL OF THIS , YOUR MONEY WILL BE WELL SPENT IF YOU USE THE EIBACH KIT....I USED THE PRO KIT AND I DID IT IN ABOUT 2.5 TO 3 HOURS WITH NO AIR AND A FLOOR JACK WITH STANDS......:cool:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts