Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tooled around with some Go Pro's.

Entire suspension is Eibach, right down to the washers. Stupidly stiff to the point where I groan about back problems at the youthful age of 24. Enjoy.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Damn! Video's not working for me bud. Could be my computer.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Nice action. The suspension hardly moves. I bet it tracks like it was on rails.:bigthumbsup

J

·
0 Posts
What components (other than swaybar) are you using?
I'm thinking of going all Eibach but I've got a herniated disk and a rough ride would kill me.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Weird...video is now working for me.

Anyway, awesome job on camera locations. I love it! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
222 Posts
Not bad. I feel your pain when it comes to stiff suspension. I've got the Pro-Kit and Tokico HPs all around and holy hell is it stiff. I noticed a huge difference when I put the shocks in last night. I am definitely going to need a daily driver next year because I can see myself becoming very annoyed on long trips. Hahaha

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's pretty bad ass man. Can't wait till our next cruise, hopefully soon.
Smack Your Buddy and tell him to put another one together.

Nice action. The suspension hardly moves. I bet it tracks like it was on rails.:bigthumbsup
It does :)

What components (other than swaybar) are you using?
I'm thinking of going all Eibach but I've got a herniated disk and a rough ride would kill me.
I started with Pro System Plus. Basically comes with all the basics and is fairly cheap in my opinion. Adjustable Sway Bars, Bushings, Shocks, Struts, Springs/Coils. There is two packages. Pro and Plus. Plus is more aggressive than the other. Neither are for the faint of heart or would accommodate back problems From there I have added in adjustable everything else. Uppers, Lowers, Camber bolts, etc.

I would probably hop in any friends car that is riding stiff and see how you like it. Just remember there are two kinds of "stiff." The kind that you see bouncing around all the time because they have mismatched extend/return rates and the entire suspension just oscillates instead of dampens (You see this in a lot of beginner ricers). And the kind that dampens sharply. Try to find the ladder. I consider mine to be "harsh." Like that of a truck or sport SUV. I feel crosswalk paint stripes like they are ruts in the road. And don't even get me started on speed bumps.

Not bad. I feel your pain when it comes to stiff suspension. I've got the Pro-Kit and Tokico HPs all around and holy hell is it stiff. I noticed a huge difference when I put the shocks in last night. I am definitely going to need a daily driver next year because I can see myself becoming very annoyed on long trips. Hahaha
Mine is my daily. It does getting annoying sometimes especially when you already have a headache :p

·
Registered
896 Posts
I very much enjoyed the video, thanks.
It was enlightening. Now I understand why it feels like it does.

I have the Eibach coil overs on my Shelby GTS. It's stiff.

How much did you lower your car?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I very much enjoyed the video, thanks.
It was enlightening. Now I understand why it feels like it does.

I have the Eibach coil overs on my Shelby GTS. It's stiff.

How much did you lower your car?
2" from suspension. 1/2" from reduced tire OD. So..2.5" Actually the first time I tried mounting under the car, the camera made it about 10 feet before being ripped out from underneath lol.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I was told mine was lowered 1.5 inches.

I wasn't expecting just how stiff the ride was going to be.
That's where the video was nice.

Nice thing though, on hard launch, gone is that sinking in the back and rising of the front thing.
That reminded me of a submarine making an emergency surface maneuver.

Now it simply rockets ahead without that annoying tilt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts