Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New eleanor style grill and tri-bar pony. The tri-bar pony required the guys at my friendly bodyshop to extend the bracket by welding an extra length of metal to make it long enough to go through the grill, the stuff that came with it just doesn't work right for the honeycomb style grill unless you want to use just 2 sided tape. It is perfectly straight, now. It is definetly designed for the billet grills only. I almost went without it but they took it as a challenge. Just a phone picture for now, sorry for the quality but you get the idea.

Super Snake Stripes installed tomorrow, pictures will follow. :gringreen

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
now get the eleanor hood and loose the pony in the grill:bigthumbsup
I thought about going without the pony but it just seems wrong. Anyone else think that way? Keeping my hood as is, matte black Super Snake stripes tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
l like the grille and i think the stripe will look good

·
Registered
717 Posts
:bigthumbsup I say: Keep the grill, keep the pony, keep the hood and get the stripes! It has a clean look about it and I like it.
:hihi:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. It looks clean without the pony but with the pony it reminds me of the 1969 Mustang style that I like.

Stripes today. It's like Christmas in August. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, no Super Snake stripes. When the installer pulled them out of the tube and laid them out.....the section for the hood had a cut section for a hood scoop, which I don't have. I'm taking it as a sign that maybe I shouldn't have stripes. It took 3 weeks to get an installer willing to do it, the others stood me up or didn't call me back after they said they would. LOL, maybe I should look at buying the 2010 GT500 rims I was looking at instead. :gringreen

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280549754613&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

·
Registered
883 Posts
Here's a matte black SS with center fogs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I love mine! I had to really fabricate a way to get the tribar pony on there but I love it the way it is now! :bigthumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
I thought about going without the pony but it just seems wrong. Anyone else think that way? Keeping my hood as is, matte black Super Snake stripes tomorrow.
I hate all you friggen idiots! Another mod I must now consider.:)

The grille looks great (all the posters pics look nice too) and I like the pony as is. Enjoy.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The pony was a challenge for this style grill, the brackets that come with it are for the billet grill only. It is on really well now and no sticky tape. I was lucky the bodyshop to it as a challenge too.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice look....mines been that way 4 years now lol. :D
That's funny, all the stripes in my pre-cut kit were good to go "except" the hood stripe piece and it looks like that is all you have.

I'm thinking about not striping at all now. The company that makes it communicates only by email (no phone, strange) and they haven't responded.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts