Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
No that does not look like crap. It looks great. Nice job.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but would way would you go? again going with side exh this winter and i know thats a eleanor trade but would it look good w/ KR hood? (my 8 yr old son is trying to talk me into the kr hood):gringreen

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Just finished my car with the Eleanor hood. But I have to say I love the KR hood but don't know if it would look like crap since I'm adding side exhausts this winter (and more mods).
No, that does not look like crap. It looks great. Nice job.
Well, I believe Rob is asking if the KR hood would look like crap (with side exhausts plus what he's already got) and not asking about the Eleanor hood he has now.

Your car looks great right now, like Jim said. With the Eleanor hood and side exhausts plus the GT500 nose you have, it looks like a great combination and very original. If you were to change to the KR hood (the actual KR hood is practically impossible to purchase, so I suspect it would be one of the KR look-alike aftermarket hoods) the car would look less original and more like someone trying to create a GT500KR clone but in convertible form (since the KR was only available as a coupe). I'd say forget the KR-style hood and keep your car more unique - the way it is now (plus the side exhausts and other mods you're planning).

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I don't answer these kinds of threads with a "looks good, man" type answer. If I give my opinion, I tell you why I like something (or why I don't). If you agree with my reasoning, then you might value my opinion. Or, if you disagree with my reasoning you may discard it.

If you change to a KR-style hood you become one of many people trying to create another KR clone. The combination of elements you have now looks very good and is far more original.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I agree with travelers.... is a subjective thing.... but I think the KR hood looks awesome although your current setup looks good too... but with a gt500 front end the KR hood just belongs.
I have to disagree on that. The KR hood does it give its own distinctive look but just the way the Eleanor hood gives it its own little kick makes everything else pop out. Just my .02

·
Registered
785 Posts
If you change to a KR-style hood you become one of many people trying to create another KR clone. The combination of elements you have now looks very good and is far more original.
I agree with Gary, Rob. I have never seen the combinations on an S197 you have put together in your car. I think that if I had tons of money, I would consider imitating your car to the T', and I consider my own car unique!!

You have the EL Hood already and I am salivating at the thought of one myself. You have the doors I wish I had, but lack the couhooonas to instal.

The side exhaust would be perfect in my opinion. Cannot wait to see them.

I remember what my mom said when I asked:

"You are not different, son, you are unique, like everyone else in this world" !!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the comments guys i really want the side exh so i will stay with the hood to go with the el theme,again thanks
ps-Gary thanks for the comment on the KR clone never thought of it that way, i don't like when people put snake emblems or Rousch emblems on

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
I have the CA Dreaming Ram Air hood, and I am going to go with a GT500 nose. It is purely coincidental that at a quick glance (from 20 feet away and at 20 mph) my car with a GT500 nose will briefly appear like a KR....I had my hood in mind and on my car long before the KRs came out.

I am going witht he GT500 nose, because I think it is more aggressive looking and in the end, it will give my car a very unqiue look.

On your car, I agree with Gary, you car looks fabulous and very unique with the set up you have now (eleanor hood). Have to admit, if you go with KR hood with your GT500 nose, people are going to think you are tyring to clone a KR. No need to clone when your car is a trend setter to begin with.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
i guess me and travelers are in the minority on this one.... i guess this way you save some $$$ by keeping your hood now too rob!

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Thanks guys,nice setup you have Eric with the wide stripes:bigthumbsup

Thanks for the compliment. I just had to be unique. My stripes are unique in every way...they are wide stripes (wider than most); they do not go from bumper to bumper but rather from the edge of the air vents to the back of the hood, and then from the rear window to the tip fo the rear ducktail spoiler; and they are even a custom color, for my shop made a one off color for the stripes.

BTW, I do like your GT500 nose, since you have a vert, it gives me an idea of what mine will look like.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.