Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was reading about electric exhaust cutouts. Conceptually i think they sound good but i was wondering if anyone had any experience firsthand. I have a 2000 v6 with bbk shorty headers and a cold air intake. Does anyone know where i could get some sound clips of a similar setup w/ the exhaust cutouts?

·
Registered
359 Posts
exhaust cutouts are hela fun

realize that sometimes thos electric ones leak

i have the 3 wing nut manual ones you do by hand and i can get em off pretty fast

and there cheaper

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
v6s without mufflers sound terrible so i wouldn't recommend cutouts.. only place i can think to find something similar would be searching youtube

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
exhaust cutouts are hela fun

realize that sometimes thos electric ones leak

i have the 3 wing nut manual ones you do by hand and i can get em off pretty fast

and there cheaper

Only thing about those is, you can't close them if you see the cops ;)

·
Registered
769 Posts
your car wont be very loud with the cutout..i used to have a manuel cut out(by hand open and close) and my v6 sounded real good :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
190 Posts
you can make a cut out with some piping and an old lawn mower.
first.
you take the choke ajuster (rabbit and turtle thing) and rig that up to some metal cable and a butter fly( throttle cable works) its gunna work just like a throttle body.
next you get 2 sections of pipe cut one at a 45 degree angle and a hole in the other one, the same width of the pipe. weld that together so it looks like a y.
drill and insert the butterfly at the end of the small leg of the "y" and hook up the set up you took off the lawnmower.
Next you can run that up to your center console through your Ebrake hole and under the plastic.
next cut a section, as big as the long part of the "y" where you want it on your exaust. you can either weld or clamp it back on
now you use the rabbit and turtle setting to open and close your cutout.
i have an old one i made for a friend laying around somwhere if anyone wants a picture.

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
^^^ That's an interesting idea and a great DIY project... but I gotta agree with Mark that V6s without mufflers sound like @$$. :yelwacko:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.