Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey all. Bout my 87 nothc back, not all the wiring is correct and need some help. It has a toggle switch for the fan. It says manual, auto and off. Then from the fan plug there is two wires to a relay. When i turn the car on, the fan does not kick on, or even when it gets warm, my guess wiring. The wire going from the switch to the relay there is one wire. If i plug that wire on and the switch is off it stays off, but the minute i turn the fan on it wont shut back off. If i could get some pictures to help me out that would be great. Do you think the switch is junk? relay? or just messed up wiring. If you can be specific, and pictures would be great!

also i need directions to wire the autometer gauges in the car as it did not come with them and he had some botcchy sort of functional wiring going on, its volts, temp, oil pres. ultra light series

·
Registered
393 Posts
for the gauges i threw my voltage in with the constant power for the radio (red wire i think), the water temp will be under the upper intake going into the lower on the driver side, take out the old sending unit put the new one in an slip a wire under the nut and tighten, my oil is mechanical but my guess is replacing the pressure sending unit which is right next to the oil filter it kinda looks like a bell

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had to hard wire a radio on fusable links so that does not help but the rest does. thank you what about power and grounds and what plug is what on the back is one for the light

·
Registered
393 Posts
on the back of the gauge it should read what goes where(g is ground,s is send unit and i is ignition or power) as for the lights, white is your hot and black is the ground how i did it was i had voltage temp and pressure, i chained the lights and their grounds then chained the hots together and the grounds together for the gauges, and left tails so i could mount the pod then wire everything up easily, i ran the wire for the lights through the fire wall and spliced it to the wire running along the drivers fender going to the headlights, since i didnt wanna go through the trouble of taking apart the whole instrument panel to get to my switch but as far as getting juice for the gauges you could just run wires to the positive, and negative of the battery,

Attachments

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
See if all he told you helps you out, it should.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.