Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
what do you want to spend? you could go to your local advance auto parts and pick 1 up for $50.00 some wire 2 speed control fuse maybe $60.00 and good to go:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well im planning on building a race motor and i didnt want to spend too much on the little things. would it be worth while getting an expensive one?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Me & all my ford buddies @ the track are running 94-95 fans, but no matter which 1 you run you'll have to upgrade your alternator to a g3 because of the amp draw.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
I also run a SN fan on my 347 with a DC controller.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me & all my ford buddies @ the track are running 94-95 fans, but no matter which 1 you run you'll have to upgrade your alternator to a g3 because of the amp draw.
so if i go to the junkyard i should just look for another 94-95 gt with the fan? and what do i steal off of it to power it? and yeah i can get a new alternator any recomendations on where i could get the alternator cheap?

·
Registered
540 Posts
I buy mine from autozone, I dont know if there is a "cheap" one. I ran power through a 60 amp relay w/ some good amp wire & on a toggle as mine is a mostly drag piece. What ever you do, do not wire into your ignition as I have seen many fry theirs! Also you will have to do some clearancing for the alt on the bracket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts