Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my current fan setup with an electric fan. Can anyone recommend a good setup for a reasonable price. Not looking to sink a ton of money into this change if I don't have too. Just want to make a strong change for the $$. :eyebulge:

Thanks

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I really like my Zirgo fan. I got it on ebay I think for around $120 total or maybe less.

If I could do it over again I'd probably invest it into a fan like black magic.

A lot of people have had success with junkyard fans from Taurus and Mark VIII cars.

You need to upgrade your alternator to atleast 95 amps (130 amp+ is best).

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm currently using a pro form setup from summit racing. I have not had it on the car long but it seems to be doing fine so far.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The factory two speed fan from a 96 or so Cobra works very well.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
www.50resto.com sells PA Performance alternators. Ebay has them also. To put on 95+amp alternator there is a small section you need to grind out on the alternator bracket but thats no real problem.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yeah, the PA alts are a nice bit of work. Definate must have if going to an electric fan. I can turn on every accessory on my car and the amp needle doesent even twitch.
Heres a good article, I'm using it as a base for adding a fan in the near future: Here

·
Registered
196 Posts
I used 2 HYUNDIA electric fans. 2 30 amp relays (1 for each fan) than a toggle switch to power on and off. Plan on installing the "temp sensor" this coming weekend for them. Cools very well.

Have not had a bit of problem. I have them on a toggle switch mainly for the track. Cool down faster that way.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I bought a used Lincoln MArk VIII fan off ebay for $40 and then used the dccontrol variable speed controller to run it - very nice setup and it looks very stock..........

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have 4 extra Mark VIII fans if any body is interested. $75 shipped.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Birdstrike said:
Thanks for the info fellas! Where can I find a 100+ alternator?
I have a used black magic electric fan for sale -- $25 -- and a used PA-performance 130 amp alternator (large case) Im trying to sell -- $75 -- PM if interested?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.