Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...does anyone knows how efficient is a electric water pump on a daily driver stang? ....Im thinking of getting one for my 91LX coz I kinda like the idea of having the water flows to cool down while the egine is not running...living here in AZ, im trying to keep my engine cool..specially in the stop and go while doing some erans...
I checked the Proform in Summit racing, and supposedly, it can be use for race or street car..but now sure of its efficiency..:scratchchin

·
Registered
348 Posts
Purple Ice works wonders. i've heard from some people that the electric water pumps work well in daily drivers but can't keep up while racing. maybe they've made improvements since i heard that...

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
35 gpm is more than enough for a street car. You're supposed to be able to use it on the street, you won't know till you try it.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Had no idea about the ProForm.
For comparison, a small block Ford racing water pump meant for circle track racing flows 40 gpm, so a 35 gpm electric pump is more than enough.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
nice!!! so, is your car a daily driver? the one that's available for my car only flow 35gpm...wonder if that's strong enough!
Yep... Drive every day (when it's not broken :) )

Purple Ice works wonders. i've heard from some people that the electric water pumps work well in daily drivers but can't keep up while racing. maybe they've made improvements since i heard that...
55 gpm is more than plenty for the track. Nice to be able to circulate water when the car isn't running too.

·
Registered
576 Posts
ok ok what have you heard about Proform RLG? I was thinking about going electric as well and Proforms are alot cheaper than the others which are usually half the price of a set of gt40 heads. I guess you get what you pay for though?

·
Registered
224 Posts
ok ok what have you heard about Proform RLG? I was thinking about going electric as well and Proforms are alot cheaper than the others which are usually half the price of a set of gt40 heads. I guess you get what you pay for though?
avoid the proform like the plague
There's your answer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.