Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently on my second 2000 mustang V6 (the first one was crashed into a trailer after it fell off the hitch at 50 mph) but any how, in a rush to buy a new mustang i over looked many problems that now plaque my daily driver. My headlights will not turn off, my left blinker blinks rapidly even though all of the bulbs are in good, working condition, and most recently my mustang refuses to turn on even tho the battery is fine. the electric locks work, i put the key in the ignition, turn it over and after a short try it suddenly turns off after a second of life. in addition to these electrical problems i have a loud ticking from the the engine area upon start up and lasts for a good half hour. If any one has any information on how to fix these problems i would greatly appreciate it. also, if any one has any tips on how to paint my bumper at home it would be appreciated as well. also any opinions on the dupi-color clear coat are welcome because i have heard mixed reviews. thank you very much.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I beleive someone here had the ticking problem and it was EGR related?
Not sure... maybe someone will remember the thread and post it.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
ya mine ticks too lol gonna have to find a thread about that...but ummm i trust rustoleum all the was as far as paint is concerned...i have painted a whole truck in 6 degree weather with rustoleum and it never came off... never clearcoated tho, so i dunno about that...and my blinker was doin the same thing (i just bought the car last night for 1000 bucks just as a shell for a v8 but) i hit the blinker like 4 times and then on the 5th it stopped blinkin fast lol sooo i dunno i guess its nothin to worry about :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
possible bad multi function switch. is it your high beams on or the low? check for exhaust leaks, most commonly around the manifolds for the ticking. and check your battery for the starting problem.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
today i fixed the blinker problem by just switching the bulbs around. I dont think i fixed the problem but just put a ban-daid on it. and in regards to the headlights, its not the high beams (witch work fine when i turn them on) and how do you fix an exhaust leak?

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
depends where it is.. u gotta find it first then u can either weld it.. which doesnt always work.. or buy a new header/pipe/whatever's leaking or tighten a loose connection.. find where its coming from first

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.