Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a huge electrical issue(s). My car has sat for a few months. I had back surgery in July and couldn't drive. I am now ready to get back in the saddle. I put a new battery in today and tried to fire her up. The motor didn't turn and there was a buzzing sound near my dashboard or under. Then there was smoke inside. Not sure what I fried. There is a lot of wires under my dash that are "open ended". There is a nitrous switch and button hooked up there. Not sure what these wires are. I would love to rewire the entire system but have no experience. Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. -Ryan, NY

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol, thanks. I did figure out the electrical problem. It was a grounding issue. The multimeter helped me find that. It is now trying to start but will not roll over. There have been issues in the past with the ignition module. I think if that was bad, the motor wouldn't roll at all. Maybe I'm wrong. I do have one to put in but didn't want to until I was sure. The rotor under the distibutor cap is turning. I'm not sure how fast it is supposed to spin, mine is turning pretty slow. Any suggestions??? It is very close to starting, not sure what to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts