Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody.

So I had a bunch of electrical problems in my 06 GT Convertible (no horn, no headlights, doors didn't auto lock when car started moving, driver seat didn't move, windshield wipers only worked on the fastest setting and got stuck on other two settings). Did research and came up with two main issues it could be, SJB and Multifunction Switch.

First I replaced the Multifunction Switch (cheaper) and still, nothing.

Took me a while to get to the SJB (Hurricane Irma, other expenses) but I replaced the SJB. Immediately, the horn worked, and the doors auto-locked as the car started moving. So I figured the box was good and just needed to be reprogrammed.

Took it to Ford to have it reprogrammed, but when I got the car back, still no lights and still having other electrical problems. Called Ford this morning and they said that the reprogramming went fine and whoever told me to replace the SJB "probably didn't know what they were talking about."

Am I missing something? Is there something else that needs to be replaced? Does it need to be reprogrammed again, but properly? Did Ford sham me for 120 bucks?

I still have the old SJB.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
since you still have the old one, I would use the search function and figure out how to open it up (there is a few threads on it). then you can clean all the connections and see if you have any burnt spots/caps/resistors or whatever. from my understanding, all the wires are "hot" going into the sjb and the sjb grounds the circuits according to what is asked of it. as you know, its held on with just 1 10mm bolt and may be the only grounding point for the sjb. sounds like you have something going on inside the sjb that is not grounding the circuits like it should. a bad ground cable on the battery would cause some issues as well but would be more wide spread I would think. there are also several ground points on the car, a few on the radiator support come to mind, all should be checked. also, you didn't say you checked the fuses (I'm sure you did). more will hopefully chime in, good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts