Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

This problem has plagued me for the last month and I have not been able to figure it out. The radio harness is butchered so I found a diagram online and still can't seem to fix it. When you turn the radio on it works fine, the problem is when you hit the lights on you will hear an arc, then when you turn them off the radio shorts out, turns off for a few seconds and then continues on. Don't make fun of the station, it was the first one I found and please let me know what you think the problem may be. I also have a volt meter on the Battery while the car is running, does my charge voltage seem low to you guys?

‪SANY0010‬‏ - YouTube

Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another video of the engine running, I know it doesn't have anything to do with my problem just took the video so I thought I would post it.

I took it for the longest ride I have had it on since I bought it and it seemed to be running really good. Had it out on the highway for the first time, these AOD's are geared super low, 80 MPH 2000 rpm.

‪SANY0011‬‏ - YouTube

·
Registered
640 Posts
is it possible that you illumination wire to the radio is in the wrong place?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Your charge is good but i know the radio wires are strange.On mine both the yellow and green is 12v and the red is ground.Some moron before had a real mess going.Sounds like you have a bad ground.Run a wire from the radio to a metal source to see if it helps.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is it possible that you illumination wire to the radio is in the wrong place?
Very good possibility but with just the 12v constant and 12v switched hooked up and nothing else it still does the same thing. If I reverse the two on the Radio it doesn't happen but the Memory on the Radio doesn't work.

I will probably just go out and buy an Aftermarket radio after I get back from Vacation and see if that works. I am starting to think that something is wrong with the radio.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just pulled the negative battery terminal and put my meter across the terminal to the cable and it read 4.2ma. Is that normal or does this indicate a short?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts