Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I got my new motor started finally. Yesturday I was driving it around to try and get some milage on the motor I got about 55 miles on it. The problem is now I lost power to the ignition, but I have power to the headlights and the power locks and windows. I lost power after making a turn after a complete stop I could tell something wasnt right so I tried to give it some gas an no gas either anyone know what could cause that please let me know need to get the car running again!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Sounds like the ignition switch harness ( it is on the right side of the steering clolumn if yopu take off that plastic collar right behind the steering wheel.) My 89 would do thta if I took a turn, it would stall out and then start back up and stall out and start again and be fine. I just, just put zip ties on mine and never had a problem with it after that. I know it sounds kind of ghetto but it worked and no one ever knew.

Drew

·
Registered
183 Posts
try checking the inline fuse links between the seliniod and the ignition switch somtimes they brake when youve been moving the wire around lot. they tend to corrode, the wire will look good from the outside but is actually broke inside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.