Ford Mustang Forum banner

How will gas prices rising change your driving habits?

• No change, it's a MUSTANG!

Votes: 56 60.9%
  • Lighten the foot some

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • drive easy

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • driving like grandpa...

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:nervous How has the recent upturn in gas prices changed your driving habits in your Mustang? My Mustang is my daily driver and I have to watch my gas budget LOL. I was curious what effect it is having on other mustang owners.

View attachment GASCHART2YEAR.bmp

·
Registered
266 Posts
I WISH my Mustang was my daily driver. My DD is a 2008 F-150 4X4 and it gets about 11 MPG. It's my work truck and I'm self employed. $90.00 a week for gas.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Until it is well over $4 a gallon, not a bit. I might go a little lighter on the pedal after that happens (or try to anyway) It is up to $3.70 here in San Diego, looks like we will see $4 this summer. A few years ago it got up to $4.75 here. That sucked, especially since I had a truck at the time

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
It is what it is. What needs to be done is we need to get the politicans in check. They are the main reason it's doing what it's doing.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Getting 9 mpg in my dually means go easy on the pedal & at $5.00 a gallon I start looking for a junk Dodge with a Cummins to stick in it so I can see 17+ a gallon. The Mustang only uses one tank of gas a year so I'm not going broke there.

We need to start drilling everywhere in the country & stop this insanity of sitting on 300 years worth of our own oil.

·
Registered
287 Posts
as much as i hate puttin $50 in her every 5 or 6 days, i still have the urge to drive her like i stole it

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
None of the Choices above fit what I do, I just dont Drive My Stang that much, only about 1500+ miles a year so it wont hurt to bad there. But I have 2 Cars and 2 Trucks, that will HURT! by the way (OrangeCrush) I Totally Agree:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
430 Posts
It is what it is. What needs to be done is we need to get the politicans in check. They are the main reason it's doing what it's doing.
Exactly, people wouldn't have to be in these situations if our elected officials would make the necessary committment to tap our own country's energy potential. And not just oil, but other energy sources. How much of a crisis is it going to take before this country finally gets tired of having its energy future held hostage by Chavez, the Saudis, and unrest in the Middle East?

·
Registered
137 Posts

The main reason is the the Commodities speculators buying oil shares when sombody farts in the Middle East.

Im removing 4 spark plugs to save fuel. :smartass:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
by the way (OrangeCrush) I Totally Agree:bigthumbsup
I have a feeling nothing is gonna happen till the people see $5.00 at the pump & they tell the Muslim butt smoocher:worship to kiss their collective rears. :cursing:

The main reason is the the Commodities speculators buying oil shares when sombody farts in the Middle East.
Don't count out Obama's EPA standing on our own oil hose & choking our own industry here. The speculators know damn well no new oil will hit the market while the Muslim prince runs the show.:nono:

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Boy that was FAST! Gas just went to $4.09 for 87 amd $4.29 for 93. Libya just said it will cease it's Oil exports. And on Mach 11th Saudi Arabia has a Protest planned, if Saudi Arabia gets crazy then were all going no where fast!
Better Fill up Today!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Boy that was FAST! Gas just went to $4.09 for 87 amd $4.29 for 93. Libya just said it will cease it's Oil exports. And on Mach 11th Saudi Arabia has a Protest planned, if Saudi Arabia gets crazy then were all going no where fast!
Better Fill up Today!
Yup, just heard this as well. Biggest single day spike in crude prices since Katrina.

Saudi Arabia is the key. If the Saudi regime starts to falter, we're potentially looking at a major energy crisis on par with 1973 and 1979 crises.

Oh, if anyone wants to shop around gas prices in their area, MSN autos has a very cool interactive map.

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstationsbeta.aspx

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
I am going to drive it easier. They are also saying that gas prices my go up another .30 cents a gallon by next week. :nono:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've been trying to go a bit easier, I just can't help it though! Gas just went jumped up 35 cents in 2 days here.

·
Registered
204 Posts
as much as i hate puttin $50 in her every 5 or 6 days, i still have the urge to drive her like i stole it
I agree. But once it goes up to that $5 mark, I'm only going to drive it like I stole it on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
My Stang is my daily driver too, if I don't drive it I don't get to my office.

Good news is I can work from home quite a bit -- so my main plan is to drive less.

When I do drive the stang I go easy most of the time already and get pretty respectable mileage. I have some fun with it when the opportunity presents itself (which is not often) and I'm not going to change that, that's what I bought it for.

·
Banned
822 Posts
I have two Mustangs, and I enjoy driving like grandpa... I want to have these cars when I am grandpa, which shouldn't be too far off now. :) BTW- something I've noticed with the Bullitt (and its variable tune - whatever they called it), is that it loves higher octane than our crappy 91 octane pump gas... Adding 2 gallons of F&L Extreme 100 unleaded per tank (makes about 93 octane), and a couple ounces 2-stroke oil, and my MPG average goes up by 1 MPG - and it's a bunch peppier! Doesn't make economic sense though, as that F&L is expensive stuff...

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Until it is well over $4 a gallon, not a bit. I might go a little lighter on the pedal after that happens (or try to anyway) It is up to $3.70 here in San Diego, looks like we will see $4 this summer. A few years ago it got up to $4.75 here. That sucked, especially since I had a truck at the time
I remember that. I hated it because I was and still am driving from Escondido to Coronado.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts