Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install an h-pipe on my 87 5.0, but don't know the proper way to eliminate the smog pump. I would like to know the right way to eliminate the hose and do it right the first time. I know I will have to replace the belt but don't know which one I need. I've been told it's the same as a V6 belt? Any advice on what steps I will need to take and what all is involved in this task would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do I plug the back of the cylinder head with, can I purchase a certain plug for that or do I have to make something? This will be my first time removing a smog pump and I'm not familiar with it. I think two small bolts hold the hose to the back?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sorry, but I'm still a little lost? I guess I will have to pull everything off and look at it. I'm not familiar with it but I guess there is only one way to learn! Any help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I deleted all my smog stuff. I keep the same belt and got the smog delete pulley pretty nice. There is a pipe going across the back of the motor by the firewall that connects to both heads. If you deleted everything like i did you need to plug those hole in the back of the heads with a BOLT....I got alot of 411 from the articles posting at the top of the page and walks you through the entire process..VERY simple mods....good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.