Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Diehard Ford-Fan
‘05 V6 Windveil Blue
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, tried to get the bluetooth dongle from these guys to run with my forscan app and basically got told "you don't have the computer software we sell so you're not allowed to buy the dongle. Here's your money back."

Is there a good place that'll actually sell me the darn thing and isn't amazon or ebay?

·
Tech Advisor
2014 GT, 1967 Fairlane GTA
4,807 Posts
It sounds like they probably wanted to sell you the software and played hardball. Weird since it's not like it cost much anyway. Where did you buy your Forscan software from?
I'm pretty sure those dongles are all the same no matter who/where you get them from so there really shouldn't be any difference from Ebay or Amazon or anywhere else.

·
Diehard Ford-Fan
‘05 V6 Windveil Blue
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forscan Lite app from the Google Play store. I figured i might as well have SOMETHING and the live data capability from a dongle beats my current scanner.

I was asking what people had because i keep running across scam warnings and some prices are waaaaaay to good to be true

·
Tech Advisor
2014 GT, 1967 Fairlane GTA
4,807 Posts
I have read on here of some devices being sold that were scams loaded with viruses/trojans. I'd go on Amazon or Ebay and read the reviews from the sellers. If there's no negatives for the dongle then you know that you have a legit seller.
If you go on the Forscan site they have links to Amazon for the adapter: Support (forscan.org) Click on the device(Windows, Android, or iOS) and then the first choice under the adapter section.

·
Administrator
8,160 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Here's the one I've been using with the Forscan App for Android. It connects to all modules. I also use it with Torque Pro.

·
Diehard Ford-Fan
‘05 V6 Windveil Blue
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks. It never even crossed my mind to see if the website had links for their supporting hardware 🤦‍♂️

I posted this before i refreshed the thread. Thanks ya'll for the feedback. I was also thinking about using whatever i got for live monitoring also just in case i get a gut twinge about how babygirl is running or even monitoring someone else's car i'm working on if they're wonky but i can't pinpoint a problem through codes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts