Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for anyone with emissions knowledge.

Subject: 99 3.8l 96660 miles

problem: AIR Pump- has been replaced with a used one.

Engine light will not go out unless reset by batttery disconnection. Unfortunately light will only stay out for about a day, then comes back on, emission test today failed due to lack of run time from battery disconnection. Inspector states car needs to be run for three days with out power interruption. This is a PA state emission inspection.

Anyone in the Pottstown, PA area that might know or maybe need to get a better look at it is welcome.
:sosad:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
shock400 said:
Looking for anyone with emissions knowledge.

Subject: 99 3.8l 96660 miles

problem: AIR Pump- has been replaced with a used one.

Engine light will not go out unless reset by batttery disconnection. Unfortunately light will only stay out for about a day, then comes back on, emission test today failed due to lack of run time from battery disconnection. Inspector states car needs to be run for three days with out power interruption. This is a PA state emission inspection.

Anyone in the Pottstown, PA area that might know or maybe need to get a better look at it is welcome.
:sosad:
I'm not sure what the question is, but I think it has to do with the CEL?

Did you check to make sure the used pump worked?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The A.I.R. pump was replaced and Mustang Parts Specialties out of GA stated it worked. Unfortunately The egr valve, plugs and wires all have been replaced. Just trying to get the emissions to pass. Looking for help on the emissions.

Unfortunately I drive 20k miles a year so calling her a mod will not work. I also just had a lot of body work done to her, along with new wheels, I would hate to have to get rid of her but without passing the emissions she may have to go.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
did he fail you becuase of your check engine light or becuase of emissions reading was to high?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
computer readings were unstable (inaccurate).

The light is out probably until I bring it home this afternoon., It will re lite either later this evening or tomorrow though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Im having the same problem with my 96 stang!!!! the light will stay off for a couple of days and then it will come back on!!!!!

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
oh! Ok!

Probably an oxygen sensor. May have gotten fouled while the pump was out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.