Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my check fuel cap and service engine soon light came on, went to ford and was told it had something to with a vmv canister and hose, somehow it was broken now my car is acting like it was filled with bad gas or something looked underneath and noticed a hose near the gas cap area loose pushed it back on and the car started act a little better but still not as smooth as prior to problem starting. now my question is can this canister be replaced by me or should i pay ford the $600 they want to repair it?
:confused:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey my car is having somewhat the same problem, when i scan the car, it said that i had a Leak in the EVAP, is this what they told you when you took your car in?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what they told me, so i changed the evap canister located on the driver side of the car near your tail pipe and the vapor management valve located in front passenger side wheel well fairly easy job to do yourself both parts like a 100.00 bucks but after that no more check fuel cap light or check engine light, hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.