Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so theres been a rumor recently for us wisconsin residants that need to pass emissions andi was wondering if anyone knows if its true. acording to the rumor 1995 and older vehicles no longer have to pass emissions? i wasn wondering and hopeing that this is true because my smog pump froze up awhile back and i removed the entire system am i getting lucky with this new aw or am i screwed?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Emissions

Here's all you need to know and this is all current:

The federal Clean Air Act spells out air quality standards that all areas of the United States must meet. Southeastern Wisconsin is one of over 90 metropolitan areas in 35 states violating these standards. The Clean Air Act mandates the operation of state-administered vehicle emission inspection and maintenance programs in many of these areas, including Southeastern Wisconsin.
The purpose of the Wisconsin Vehicle Inspection Program (VIP) is to identify vehicles:
  • With excessive exhaust emissions and require them to meet reasonable emission standards to reduce vehicle-related air pollution
  • That have experienced emission equipment tampering, regardless of how caused. The owners of these vehicles are required to have "tampered" items repaired, replaced, or adjusted to proper working order before the vehicle can be registered.
The Department of Natural Resources (DNR) sets the emission standards for vehicles. Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) administers the Vehicle Inspection Program. Where tests are required

Emission tests are required on automobiles and on trucks with a manufacturer's gross vehicle weight less than 10,000 pounds that are customarily kept in the Wisconsin counties of:
  • Kenosha
  • Milwaukee
  • Ozaukee
  • Racine
  • Sheboygan
  • Washington
  • Waukesha
Exceptions are vehicles produced prior to the 1968 model year, diesel-powered vehicles and motorcycles.

·
Registered
45,992 Posts
Looks like the info you need, I was going to say check Wisconsin's DOT regulations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.