Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 66 hardtop that I have removed the engine and the transmission. The 289 has been overhauled and I found an AOD tran to put back in. I would like to assemble the engine and tranny and place in at the same time. My question is it easier to assemble the engine and tranny before installing or to put them in separate. Currently the raditor and all has been removed.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
39,979 Posts
i like installing them already together...i guess it is a matter of personal preference,but it seems easier to me...i use my leveler on the engine and a rope on the trans to guide it in...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Easier to do but some dangers to consider

Better have two people there at least to help you. I dont like doing it like that, the set up is very heavy and difficult to move! If you are using a rolling engine hoist and you have the car on jack stands make shure you can pick it up that high safely.Scratching and denting the firewall, radiator support, shocktowers, oil pan, and whatever else you can think of should also be considered trying to roll and swing that bad boy in to place. The tranny is easy to install if you have the car high enough and have a little help.
:rockwoot:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.