Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at two blocks: the Dart Iron Eagle and World Products Man O' War blocks. How much HP will they hold? Also, I was looking at the matching cylinder heads: Dart Iron Eagle and World Products Sr. Comp Cams Blower/Turbo Cam and Lifter kit's come with 1.430 springs, however, both heads have the option of having 1.437 springs. I'm pretty sure they would fit, but I'm not completely sure. Some of the World heads have 1.550 or 1.250 springs and some of the Dart heads have 1.550 as well. Are these too large or small?

Also, a few more questions. Is 7 or 10 degree lock style better? What's a PC seal and a ring and band seal and which is better. Will dual springs per valve cause excessive wear and where will it cause this wear. And if anyone has a good diagram of a cylinder head or a good explanation of the parts and what they do, how they work, etc. could you post it please.

Btw the Dart blocks have a two-piece rear main seal while the World Products have a one-piece rear main seal like the stock one has. Will a forged 4340 crank from SCAT fit in either one or does it have to have the two-piece as specified? And can a 4340 Probe crank (with the Coast High Performance kit) fit either one. Is this really an issue/area of concern? And since both are aftermarket blocks, must I worry about the oil burning issue associated with 347's?

Just a heads up, I will be using a twin-screw blower in the future. Would a 6-71 or 8-71 blower be better. And whats the 6-71/8-71 numbers mean?

Sorry for all the questions. Just some questions I couldn't get straight answers on.

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
both are very good blocks, and will do anything you want. as for as the rest of your questions, do some more research and lots of reading. there are plenty of good books available about building SBFs, both N/A and S/C.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I was leaning a little towards the Man o' War because it is a little cheaper. What about the 1-piece/2-piece deal? Does it really matter?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts