Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The motor and transmission are out of my 90 GT. the engine bay has a thick coat of oil and grime, and the wiring harness is becoming a bigger eye sore by the minute. Any one have tips on how to clean up the bay? i do have a power washer. also does anyone have documentation on how to hide the wire harness? any info would be greatly appreciated.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
457 Posts
I suggest getting a couple cans of "Gunk" degreaser and soaking the hell out of it. Let it sit for a Hour or two then wash it out. If there are any water sensitive areas, cover them up with some plastic bags or something.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Don't be afraid to degrease the crap outta it and pressure wash it.

And if your going to take notes and advice for this endeavor then ALMOST STK is the man. Check out his pics and they will blow you away.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Don't be afraid to degrease the crap outta it and pressure wash it.

And if your going to take notes and advice for this endeavor then ALMOST STK is the man. Check out his pics and they will blow you away.

Thanks for the complement Smurf.

·
Registered
561 Posts
if you dont know what to avoid getting wet make sure you have the car running while you rinse it down or it will not start again, be careful what you get wet

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the tips fellas. a little simple green and a power washer did wonders on the engine bay. i hid the left and right wire harnesses and that alone made one hell of a difference. thats probably all i will hide. the engine bay looks alot better except for where the battery tray was, got some surface rust there i would like to paint up to the shock towers, might as well cause the radiator support is bend from previouse owner so that will look new. anyways STK your pictures are sick looking.:worship

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
I hid my pass side harness. Had to extend one wire for the MAF and a few for the 02 sensors. I will do the driver side one of these says.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts