Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so i im building up my engine before the kenne bell goes on but heres the deal. Im probably going to be buying the MMR 4.6 Street Mod 600 to have a nice strong engine, then im putting stage 2 heads and stage 2 blower cams in. Now with these heads is my compression going to be too high for the supercharger, the shortblock from MMR says that it is a perfect replacement for supercharged applications, but thats not including what the heads would add compression wise. If so, when i call MMR could i ask them to put in dished pistons?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
280 Posts
For a slightly higher cost, they probably will build the bottom end any way you want it. You are the paying customer, I'm sure they will be happy to give you exactly what you want. I would contact the company doing your heads first and find out from there. You could also run thicker headgaskets to decrease compression. Is that an option? I have not looked at HG options for the 4.6 yet so I can't advise exactly what to get there, but that would be my first guess since heads aren't going to add that much compression.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well for heads im going to get them from Cushman Motorsports. Im either going to go with the stage 2 patriot heads or stage 2 fox lake heads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just ordered the MMR 900 Longblock and they charged 150 for dished pistons. They'll also let you know what will work with what.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Cams

OK, I would avoid using thick head gaskets when running boost - the dished pistons are the superior option. Cometic steel head gaskets are the best route, but a bit pricey.

Discuss your plans with the Cam grinders - you might benefit from a custom grind given your supercharger situation.

Contact KB and discuss their recommendations FIRST, then work downstread through the Cam techs, whoever is doing your heads, and your motor supplier.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the steel head gaskets are pretty expensive, i think they were around $170 and i could get the when i ordered the mmr 600, it was one of their options. I was thinking stage 2 blower cams and stage 2 patriot heads but, after what you said i should call kb and talk to them about which heads and cams are best to go with the kb supercharger and the mmr 600 block?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.